A Celebration of Color: A Spring Break RP (open)

For students who are at home, and for adult characters who are not working at any of the places specified in the other forums.
Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Re: A Celebration of Color: A Spring Break RP (open)

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 pm

Lyssa smiled at Trinity's explanation.

"That's the gist of it yes. You get pigment thrown on you in celebration of spring and renewal and um...blossoming love," she blushed. "Cana or Aunt Daciana could probably tell you the actual myth behind it. I'm afraid I never had much of a mind for religious thought myself. My mother is more religious though, but she's a Norse pagan."

She blushed a bit, and considered how Trinity's experiences must have differed from hers even beyond the abuse he suffered at the hands of the cult. He was raised with such strict and staunch beliefs, and here she was holding beliefs that had long since gone out of fashion with the majority.

She laughed a little at Trinity's misunderstanding, but went along with it.

"Well, her singular interest over the past few years has been to convince Cana that he should marry a girl and not a boy. Particularly a nice Indian Muslim girl, but I don't think she's picky given the way she's looking at Rowan right now. Not sure if she gardens actually. It seems like the sort of thing she'd do while worrying over her grandchildren and--"

Lyssa paused as Trinity took her by the hand. She smiled softly and tightened her grip around his. Festival of Blossoming love huh? This could work out even better than she anticipated....

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Post by Rowan Fox » Fri May 17, 2019 3:53 pm

Rowan expected herself to feel at least slightly insulted by the older woman's derogatory statements. She waited for it a few moments. It never came. Hm. Perhaps she was just so used to being a disappointment, it didn't effect her much anymore. Besides, it was the Havich's she was hoping to work for, and they seemed to like her well enough.

She was thankful for Cana's support--his literal physical support that kept her from crashing to the terminal floor. "But yew an' Gabe are perfect for each other. If Ah wasn't such an advocate, it would be sickening." At that point, however, they were approached by another man.

"What you doing with a girl on your back that ain't you sister or cousin? You lose a bet or is this the new thing millennials are doing to confuse us old people?"

"Oh, we are practicing for the wife-carrying contest," Rowan explained as Cana lowered her to the floor, "Yew win the woman's weight in beer. Gabe couldn't participate, which is totally sexist, so Ah'm takin' his place." Honestly, it was just something tlshe had read about a while back, but she didn't mind spurting off random lines. "And Ah'm practically eighteen," she added with a grin and a wink.

She watched as the two men interacted, her grin growing by the second. It was unfortunate about the lack of alcohol, but she was expecting a good time anyway. "Nice to meet yew Mr. Mama," she said as she was directed away. The quickly scurried off to grab her bag from where she had left it by the train door.

Jogging back up to Cana, she appolagized. "I didn't realize how much of your family was going to be here. I'll be on better behavior."

Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Post by Cana Havich » Sun May 19, 2019 2:26 am

Cana smiled at Rowan for encouraging his relationship with Gabe.

"Thanks. I think so too, obviously, it's just...I genuinely don't know what's worse to her," he whispered. "That he's a guy or that he's Jewish. Neither has endeared him to her that's for sure."

He laughed genuinely at her comments to Uncle Tanuj. Tanuj's eyebrows raised at her suggestive comments, and he bent over laughing.

"Oh honey, don't worry. My heart is taken by another," he winked, looking over at Jetta wistfully. As much as Cana made overtures of gagging at his uncle's feelings for his aunt, he did hurt sometimes for the man. But Aunt Jetta had fallen deeply in love with Uncle Roman long before she met Uncle Tanuj. There was no helping the situation, and really the fact that they stayed friends was admirable to Cana. He wasn't sure he could handle Gabe loving someone else.

He shook himself from his thoughts and turned back to Rowan. "Now worries. Most of them love you, and those that don't need the shock. My mother's sisters will likely hate you no matter what you do, so you may as well as fun with it. It's what I do," he shrugged, somewhat downtrodden.

As he spoke, Tanuj began leading the group over to a train. The group boarded a mostly empty compartment.

It wouldn't be long now, he smiled to himself.

Lavinia Telly Rae
Fourth Year

Post by Lavinia Telly Rae » Mon May 20, 2019 1:11 am

It was like being in a herd of giraffes.
Sure, there were a few smaller people, like her, but the tall ones had so much . . presence . . that they seemed to take over.
Lavinia hurried over to the new train, slipped in behind one of the giants and quickly jumped onto a seat, grabbed the window frame and climbed up onto the back of a seat. She stood up and held onto the top of the frame, balancing there and keeping the high ground to avoid being trampled.

She wasn't sure what to expect from all this, but it was looking like more of a life or death situation than she had expected.
Really, any time the growth spurt wanted to hit her, she'd be just fine with it.
Lavinia leaned over to the nearest tall person and asked him "Will there be snacks at this . . Muggle festivity . . thingy?"
Her stomach was already growling.
Adventures always made her hungry.

Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:29 am

Morrigan was slightly at a loss as to what to do without Lavinia nearby. She wandered towards the train, taking it all in, as she hadn't been in the Muggle world for awhile. Instead, she found one of Cana's friends...the blond boy. Gregory? And stood by him awkwardly not knowing what to do. If he was a genuine compatriot of her cousin, chances where he had his own dangerous streak. But she couldn't imagine any of Cana's friends actually doing harm to her.

"Have you ever been to a Holi celebration before?" she asked with polite interest. "It's very fun."

The train shifted a bit and she held to a nearby pole tightly. Unbalancing on a train wasn't fun, but especially not when wearing a skirt. While she wasn't shy, it would definitely be embarrassing in front of so many people she knew.

"Ugh, I hate public transportation," she commented, not necessarily hating the snobbish way she sounded.