Common Grounds {Gabe}

Ah, the wonderful town of Hogsmeade, open to all students third year and older, professors, and those who no longer attend Hogwarts.
Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Re: Common Grounds {Gabe}

Post by Rowan Fox » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:52 pm

The stupid part of Rowan's heart that always "aww"ed at kiss scenes in movies and books gave a little squeal at the expression on Gabe's face. The boy was smitten with Cana, and she could see why. Cana was a hunk. She was sure that there was more to that, though. Cana was way too deep of a person to be into someone who was only into him based off his looks.

She begone to relax as Gabe sorted Cana's personality into the diffrent houses and grinned when he finally settled on Slytherin. Even as he offered to give more personal information, Rowan was shaking her head. She didn't know Cana well enough to know if the facts were true, even though she suspected they would be. Knowing someone from a toddler age! She couldn't imagen that. Then again, she hadn't been in the UK as a toddler so there wouldn't even be a slight chance of ever meeting anyone she knew.

Something Gabe almost said caught her off guard, though. "Accedent? The one that made him come here?" Rowan didn't feel right about getting the info off Gabe without Cana's consent, but she really wanted to know and she didn't know if Cana would ever tell her. "Do you know what happened? I mean, you're his boyfriend. Your parents... wanted you to stay away from him? Because of it?"

She took a step back, releasing Gabe's face. "But... Cana is amazing. I can't imagen him doing anything..." Well. That wasn't true. He had that look in his eye that would sometimes catch Rowan off guard. The same look that let her know she could trust him to get her out of her sticky situation. "I couldn't imagen him being caught. So... what happened?"

Gabriel Warner
Graduate

Post by Gabriel Warner » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:12 am

"Oh," Gabe said with a chagrinned smile. "The accident was when we were kids...I don't think he'd mind me telling you, since it happened to me too. Um, my older sister was driving us in a car in a storm and went off the road when a tree fell. We were all really little. Dinah--my sister--she didn't make it. Neither did Cana's sister Signe," his voice had gone solemn and his eyes distant. "We were both in the hospital for a long time afterward. We got really close then."

Gabe knew when he was seven, lying in that hospital bed with five year old Cana beside him, that this was the boy he was going to spend his life with. He didn't even know what gay was at that point, but the thought of being separated from Cana was too much. Trauma bonding one of his old therapists had called it. He didn't know what he was talking about though. Even then, it was love.

He looked back up but avoided her eyes as she continued.

"I--I don't know if he'd want me telling you about what happened. But it was my fault. That it happened, that we got caught, everything. I talked him into it, I screwed up, I got us caught."

He sighed heavily.

"I was kind of afraid he'd end up hating me for it. But I didn't know what would happen. I just--I just was curious."

Power-hungry was more like it. But she didn't have to know that, especially now that everything had come crashing down and killing that urge in him. He was going to be happy from now on to just help Cana from the shadows to achieve his goals. That definitely seemed safer these days.

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Post by Rowan Fox » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm

Whatever Rowan had expected, it wasn't that. Both of them losing sisters? It was... There was no real word for it. She knew. She had spent years trying to find one. There was no way to describe what it felt like to lose someone important to you at that young of an age. She didn't appolagise for the pain or give condolences for the loss, that was useless. She did put her hand on his arm, though, gave him a bit of her strength.

It was important that he knew he wasn't alone in the world with his pain. And he did know that. He had that solidarity in Cana. It was inevitable that the boys would be close after suffering something like that together. She was suddenly extremely angry at Gabe's parents. They had no right to keep the two of them separated like this.

She listened to his half-explanation about what happened. Not giving any detail except for the fact that Gabe thought it was his fault. She was sure if she asked Cana--when she asked him, he would say it was his fault instead. But she knew she wouldn't get anywhere if Gabe had decided not to say anything.

Finally, Rowan shook her head. "I'm not going to give Cana that letter," she told him, but didn't wait for him to protest before moving on. "You are. Or you're going to tell him whatever it says in person. You are seeing him. Tonight, if I can swing it. Cana strikes me as the kind of person who wouldn't mind breaking curfew."

Gabriel Warner
Graduate

Post by Gabriel Warner » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:43 pm

Gabe was about to cut her off in protest, when she revealed her whole plan. Tonight? It was too much to hope for! But she seemed so determined, and she proved she actually knew Cana well enough with her promise. He felt his head swimming both with possibilities and lack of sleep. His face was frozen in shock but he still felt a tell-tale sting in the corners of his eyes.

"I don't even know your name," he said dumbly. "But thank you. I--thank you so much. You have no idea what this means to me."

He gently tried to hand the bag back to her.

"Even if you don't give him the letter, can you give him this? Or--or I can give it to him too, I suppose, just...it might be easier to get him down here if he has some idea.... We sort of made this together. It's a modification of a calming potion. Not much is changed, and it's not hard to do but...it was sort of our thing. It might give him an idea. There's...heh," he chucked a bit, "it's stable enough to be mixed with hot chocolate. Don't tell him I told you though," he grinned half-mad, "it'll just ruin his image, don't you know?" he joked.

He felt his legs starting to give out, and he flopped back onto the stool behind the counter. A manic grin spread on his face as he stared off into space. Cana would know. Or at least he'd be so curious, he'd have to come. And they see each other, and everything would go back to how it was before. His nightmares wouldn't leave him. His aches and pains wouldn't be gone. But everything would be okay again if Cana just came down to the village to see him. He knew it would be.

It just had to be.

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Post by Rowan Fox » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:38 pm

"Ah'm Rowan," she told Gabe with a grin as she watched his relieved and elated expression. God, he was adorable. "And Ah'll take this to him," she lifted the package, "but only because Ah think it's going to be hilarious watchin' him fret until he figures it out." She had to control her laughter just thinking about it. She would have to come up with something good to say to get him down to the village or a way to guilt him into coming. Despite the sketchyness that wofted off him, it was obvous Cana would never cheat on Gabe.

"Alright," Rowan pulled a handful of galleons out of her pocked and placed what seemed to be to her the right amount on the counter. "Finish your shift and put yourself together. I'll start brainstorming excuses for Cana to be late to breakfast tomorrow. You would be shocked at how easy it is to hide real gossip if you start the fake one early enough."

Looking back down at the ingredients in the bag, Rowan mused, "hot chocolate, eh?" Maybe she should pick up a brick of it to go along, just incase....

Gabriel Warner
Graduate

Post by Gabriel Warner » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:37 pm

"Rowan," he repeated, "thank you so, so much. You have no idea how much this means to me."

Gabe fretted about, placing the money in the till all while grinning like a loon. Cana would know. Cana would see and he'd know it was Gabe and he'd show up and they could be happy again. It would be perfect.

He just knew it would be.

As he felt himself drifting off into daydreams, he hoped Rowan didn't take offense. After all, he was planning his dramatic entrance to his happily ever after.

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Post by Rowan Fox » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:01 pm

"See you tonight, lover-boy," Rowan grinned and she walked back around the counter and collected her broom. She doubted Gabe heard her, his eyes were miles away. Whatever had happened to rip these two apart, their parents must have known they wouldn't be separated for long. Eventually, people would have to get out of the boys' way or they would end up getting squashed like a grape in the path of two magnates.

Making sure the bag was tied tightly to her broom handle, Rowan took one last look at the shop and kicked off. She was sure the kitchen at school was have something for her to make hot chocolate with. Who would have thought Ca na to be one with a sweet tooth? But then, there was still a lot Rowan planned on learning about the whole Delaney-Havich bundle.