Born to Meet His Maker {Maija}

Roleplay your adventures in the underbelly of the Hogwarts castle. Just don't get lost!
Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Re: Born to Meet His Maker {Maija}

Post by Cana Havich » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Cana grinned a bit. "You probably do seem that way. And it never hurts to help."

"I do hope you get to meet them," Cana continued. "I love all of mine even though they can be annoying sometimes. But they get a pass to get annoying because they're family," he smiled. There were some complex feelings sometimes: times when he wasn't "Indian enough" (or was just too Westernized in general), times when he wasn't traditionally masculine, times when he was more interested in helping his mom and aunties than playing chess with the men. But his family largely seemed to forgive him for it save for--

Ah.

He forgot. Maija wouldn't know. Cana got so used to everyone back home knowing that he often just didn't bother to come out to people most of the time.

"I--I'm sure that there are a lot of nice girls out there. And I'm sure my mom's family has a minimum of at least 20 very nice, pretty Indian girls specifically lined up to try to get me to marry," he snickered. "But um. I'm gay. They know I'm gay. I think that somehow they must used magic because they act like they have a silencing spell bubble around them every time I say it, but they definitely know. I think they think it's a phase. Though I do have one auntie who keeps insisting I meet a nice Indian boy instead. That's somewhat better, even though I was dating someone at the time."

"And I think Aunt Jetta is...happier at least, if not outright happy. She definitely seems more excited to be around my cousins all the time. Grandfather put on a little bluster, but he definitely understood."

He rifled a hand through his hair.

"I don't know? Part of me thinks she should know, in case it keeps happening, but I also don't want to worry her. But you're right; she probably could take care of it better than I could? I..I'm at a loss honestly."

Maija Guerrero
Third Year

Post by Maija Guerrero » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Maija smiled and nodded slowly, “Yes, helping out, getting to know more people, making connections. You never know how that would benefit somebody in the future.”

“It would be nice to know more than just one uncle.” Maija chuckled a little, “And the only reason I know Uncle Fernando is because he’s my father’s twin brother. They left home together.” She shrugged, “I guess they figured they’d have more opportunities somewhere else. And they seem happy.” At least Maija thought they were happy. They had a thriving tree farm where the brothers created fashionable and comfortable traveling brooms for the witch and wizard who preferred to travel that way. They also provided wood to wand-makers. To Maija the brothers seemed to enjoy their work and their families.

When Cana revealed that he was gay, Maija gasped and covered her face, appearing completely mortified. She cleared her throat, “How thick am I?! Of course a nice girl would be awkward.” She sighed a bit, “I’m so embarrassed, but I’ll get over it.” Maija thought to herself that she had never met somebody who was gay, but then again, she didn’t know Cana was. So, she was obviously wrong. It was one of those things that just were and she just shrugged and moved on. Cana’s revelation was no big deal, after her initial mortification at not knowing but, he was still a friend, she hoped. She chuckled, “It would be nice if family , like your aunt and my grandparents, were just happy that we were happy and it didn’t matter the nationality of our significant others.”

Maija frowned a little, “Would Professor Delaney confront your grandmother about the letter and gift if you gave them to her?” She looked at the box, “Maybe it would be better to give her the box too instead of shoving it in the back of the wardrobe.” Maija rubbed her chin in thought for a moment, “Maybe you can give her the letter and box if she promises not to do anything about it?” She shook her head, “I don’t know, I’m guessing Professor Delaney might want to protect you, but she might make things bad if she says something to your grandmother. You did say the woman ‘viscerally hates you’, but maybe she needs to at least know, she is family.” Maija shrugged a little, “You don’t want her to find out some other way, or from somebody else. Too many maybes and mights, and who knows what your grandmother will say or do, but you know your family best.”

Maija smiled a little, “How about this? I think it would be safer if you gave the letter and box to Professor Delaney.” She paused a moment, “But first ask her not to do anything about it before you give them to her. Sounds like there’s already family drama, you don’t want it to get worse, right?”

Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Post by Cana Havich » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Cana nodded at Maija's reply and thought for a moment of Gregory. He certainly wouldn't say they were friends, but he could definitely see them having some sort of business relationship that lasted for a long time.

"I hope that one day, you get to meet your whole family and they are as wonderful to you as you deserve," Cana smiled.

Cana outright laughed a bit at Maija's awkward reaction, but it was a friendly one and he hoped it came across as such. She was trying very hard, and he certainly couldn't fault her for not knowing.

"It's fine," he waved off. "I'm not as obvious as some other people I suppose--not that there's a single thing wrong with obvious--but I am a bit used to people who haven't seen me with my boyfriend or something to not knowing. And it would be nice yes, if my xtended family would be okay with the gender and ethnicity of the person I chose," he rolled his eyes. "And I hope your family will accept who you choose to. If not, I'll fight them," he winked and grinned.

Upon returning to the topic at hand though, he sighed.

"I'm not sure if Aunt Jetta would confront Grandmother or not. A few years ago, I'd say she didn't have that in her, but she's been making a lot of dramatic changes lately, and might have the fire to actually do something about Grandmother now. I'm not entirely sure she'd lose either, but....I'm not sure I want them to fight. Especially not over me. I think you're right, I'd have to get her to promise to not confront her. And that might be like pulling teeth."

"But," he said, fianlly pulling himself to his feet and glaring idly down a the "gift", "I think you're right. Something needs to be done about this. And I'd prefer if Aunt Jetta knew first, I suppose. It'd be very awkward to write to grandfather and him let Aunt Jetta know before I let her know," he grimaced.