The Ties that Bind {Hazel]

Gregory H. Masterson
Seventh Year

The Ties that Bind {Hazel]

Post by Gregory H. Masterson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:44 pm

It was time.

Gregory walked into the Great Hall and ignored his table. He headed straight for the Hufflepuffs.

It hadn't really surprised him when Hazel had been sorted into Hufflepuff. He had felt a pang, but he wasn't sure if it was the unfortunate circumstance of having his sister in a different house, making it much more difficult to keep an eye on her, or if it was relief, that the life and system he'd worked out and built for himself over the past seven years wouldn't be totally disrupted by his sister appearing everywhere.

There would be enough of that as it was.

Gregory tried to shove down a slight feeling of guilt. He wasn't used to that and he didn't like it at all. He had meant to do more with Hazel. To really walk her through survival in Hogwarts. Not everyone needed that, but Hazel would, he suspected. She had barely left the house before - this would be overwhelming.

He had applauded her when she had sat under the sorting hat. He had nodded to her as she walked to the Badgers, so she knew she would be alright. But with the final plans he was working on before he graduated and with his extra experimenting work with Cana Havitch, he hadn't had the time to check in with her as he had hoped to do.

So now he was making up for it.
He looked over the heads of the mostly cheery students all at the Hufflepuff table, searching for that one dark haired head . . . Ah. There she was.
It still shocked him to see here there, at Hogwarts and not in her rooms at the Manor. It was better that she was at school. But weird. It was dangerous as it brought his two worlds together and he tried to avoid that at all costs.
Still, he had his duty.

He approached where she was sitting, raised an eyebrow at the student on her right, who scooched over to give him room and he sat down next to her. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to get away before now. How are you, Hazel?"

Hazel Clementine Masterson
First Year

Re: The Ties that Bind {Hazel]

Post by Hazel Clementine Masterson » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Hazel was still getting used to the sheer enormity of the castle. Granted her home was also large and sprawling in its own way, but she only saw her rooms, being allowed to roam where ever she pleased (during free time) and talk to who ever she wanted (kind of), it was a little overwhelming.

The delicate brunette gently and quietly entered the loud and raucous Great Hall, moved to an empty seat in the middle of one of benches and pulled the kippers towards herself. She was fairly certain none of the other Badgers knew she had even sat down, but she was okay with that. Hazel kind of liked being not noticed. Maybe.

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to get away before now. How are you, Hazel?"

Hazel looked up, her body filling up with pure joy! Gregory had come over! Just to see - her! If there was one thing she had to pick about being about Hogwarts that she liked the best, it was being able to see her brother regularly - or at least more often.

"Gregory! I'm doing..." she stalled for a moment thinking about all the times she had already gotten lost numerous times; of the near panic attacks she had had when she realized she would be sharing a room with four other girls; of the time she had been sternly talked to by one of the professors for being late to class and she had nearly burst into tears..."amazing!" She said on a sigh. "I can run on the grounds, Gregory. Did you know that?" She gave out a small nervous chuckle, not sure if she could, in fact, get in trouble for that.

Gregory H. Masterson
Seventh Year

Re: The Ties that Bind {Hazel]

Post by Gregory H. Masterson » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:48 pm

Gregory watched her closely, noting the shadow in her eyes. He handed her the potatoes as he smiled and said "Yes, you can. The grounds here are excellent. Just keep away from the Forest and you'll be alright."

He poured himself a glass of pumpkin juice and sipped it. Despite the shadow, she looked . . good. A little more sparkle than the last time he'd seen her. "Have you made any acquaintances?" He wanted to ask if anyone had given her a hard time, but he didn't want to worry her if she hadn't. Besides, there were few people as inoffensive as his sister.

He didn't want to admit it, but he always liked how much she looked happy to see him. He got admiration, jealousy, fear, even, from people or just mild respect, but few looked so . . HAPPY when he walked into a room. There must be some weakness in him that lapped it up, for he drank it in from his sister. Family. They caused so many problems.

He was glad she was out of the house, though. Walter practically kept her locked in the tower. She was too pale. No doubt their father had been shocked when her letter from Hogwarts arrived. He probably thought she was still 2.