Havoc in Diagon Alley [open]

This busy street is where you can find almost anything you could possibly ever need.
Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Re: Havoc in Diagon Alley [open]

Post by Cana Havich » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Kristian could tell Sophie was getting a bit uncomfortable with how demonstrative he was being with his younger brother. He grinned a bit. It made a good deal of people in their lives uncomfortable, save for their parents and surprisingly Gabe. But Kristian didn't particularly care. Ever since they were little boys, Kristian packed his younger brother around like a baby doll until Cana was literally the same size as him and it became nearly impossible. Now that he was stronger and could likely do it again, the prospect seemed to make people more uncomfortable. They'd thought it was so cute once. Ah well. No one was really about to stop him from keeping his little brother close. For some reason, they just seemed less chatty and more silently judgmental than if he'd been this way with his sisters. He really didn't want to get into the whys of that.

Aleksander had definitely been in the throes of why that was. He could sense the judgment coming off of Sophie, but couldn't bring himself to care. He'd been accused of worse with his sisters, due to how close they all were. Especially himself and Jetta. Of course, he and Jetta had stopped that when Roman became uncomfortable. Even though it hurt, Alek could admit it probably was better for his sister to be more affectionate to the father of her children than to her own brother. There had been talk of course. Aleksander never really listened to it besides the purposes of blackmail and revenge.

Daciana, meanwhile was oblivious. Or seemingly so. In reality, she thought it was sort of cute that Kristian and Cana were so close. She'd been a bit upset at first by Kristian's...well, existence, but had gotten over it fairly quickly. And the fact that her boys (because she very much shared mothering Kristian with Ophelia thank you very much) were so supportive of each other.

Gabe had been the real source of worry. When he and Cana started dating, both brothers were sure he would give an ultimatum. But it never came. He'd seemed perfectly fine with the way their relationship was. He even cracked the inappropriate jokes around them too. But, Kristian thought, the likelihood of them seeing Gabe again was low. And that broke his heart for Cana.

Cana, meanwhile, was just looking at Sophie with a bored tilted look.

"I'm sure I'll get where I need to be," he finally settled upon saying. In reality, he knew more about each house than he let on. While Ravenclaw was a possibility, he supposed, Slytherin was going to be his most likely home. He wished Kristian could come with them. Alone, Cana would probably swiftly become an outcast. But with him? They'd rule the whole snake's nest.

Kristian had turned his attention to Eric, while his brother talked. The boy seemed like a strange combination of oblivious and hyper-aware. It was intriguing really in a pathetic sort of way. He was calculating Cana's chances of manipulating the boy himself. Very low right now, since Eric was so tense around him. Maybe one of their cousins would have a better chance? Probably, but it would also be highly unlikely to convince any of them, save perhaps Dahlia, to help them. Even Lyssa who was poised to help take over the company would probably have nothing to do with this scheme.

So they'd have to figure out another way.

He could though.

Kristian was patient.

"Excuse me?" said an attendant nervously to Aleksander. "Your son's uniform is finished."

Aleksander smiled his greasy smile and pulled out a coin purse. He quickly paid for Cana's robes. Well, overpaid. It wouldn't do to not look good in front of company. Besides the poor seamstress had put up with Cana's poor mood well. That was worthy enough of a very good tip.

"Well," he stated after watching the attendant scurry away. "Are we about ready to move on?"

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 pm

With the school uniforms collected and Eric's new suit ordered (God save the eyes of whoever was forced to work on it), Sophie nodded and lead the party towards the doors. She had to admit that this was the most... unique shopping trip she had been on since her first trip to Diagon Alley all those years ago.

Sophie had always prided herself on being able to read people and situations like a book. It was one of the things that made her so good at her job. The Havich family was diffrent, though. It made her feel out of practice. Most business tycoons were ruthless, breaking the standard rules of ethics and morality. Aleksander played by his own rules though, and until Sophie was able to figure out exactly what those were, there was no way to beat him.

She quite liked his wife. Smart. Understated. The woman reminded Sophie of the girls she had known growing up. And the Havich daughters made Sophie long of another one of her own. It was the Havich boys that she really wanted to keep her eyes on. They were like their father. They played by their own rules. Rules they liked to use to throw people off guard or shock them. They were the kids of rules that would burn England to the ground.

Sophie didn't have much say over the approval of the new Havich company branch, but she knew what she believed. She knew what she would say if she was asked. She knew that there was no way she would let this man, his company, and his rules destroy her home.

Eric had never seen his mum quite like this. As they exited the shop and merged into the street, he kept a worried eye on her. She was in business mode, but not the bright, smiling "be careful what you say" kind. She looked like she was ready to fight a war. Sure, anyone who didn't know her would just see her smooth expression, perfect posture, and determined walk, but there was a fierceness in her eyes Eric wasn't used to.

Shoving his hands in his pockets, Eric glanced around, wondering if anyone would notice if he slipped away. The day was stressing him out. And at the moment, he was really craving black licorice. Maybe he could get some--and have a moment to himself--before anyone realized he was gone...

Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Post by Cana Havich » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:12 am

Aleksander noticed first. His eyes barely shifted as the Brandski boy snuck away from behind them. He grinned. He brushed the back of his free hand against the back of Kristian's. His elder son nodded, and fell back silently. Aleksander grinned and snaked his arm behind his wife's back. This was going to get interesting.

He focused back on Sophie. He knew she wasn't entirely necessary to his plan, but an alliance with her certainly would help. But he was very curious about why she was holding back. It certainly wasn't the fact that they worked closely with Muggles. She was no blood supremacist. And they'd been very careful to keep a particularly strong set of company ethics. Philanthropy was the future of business, after all. They'd even been voted Most Ethical Business by a Muggle Publication a few years ago. So it wasn't on the public face of things. No, it had to be with what she had heard about their family.

Aleksander didn't deny much about his family. They had been blood supremacists up until his father. There was a more than recent human sacrifice case involving his mother's father. There of course were the accusations of untoward behavior between himself and his sisters. The age difference between him and Daciana. There was definitely the blood magic. He certainly wasn't public with it, but it was more than well known, he'd found. Yes, it had to be something personal. But what exactly?

Kristian was angling to find that very fact out. At least, he was about what Eric knew of Cana. Father's machinations could come later. If Eric knew about father, then Sophie knew about father. And father could handle that on his own. But if Eric knew about Cana, then Cana could be in genuine trouble at Hogwarts. And Kristian knew that was higher and both of their lists of importance.

Kristian spotted Eric slipping away to a candy shop. He waited carefully outside the door. As soon as he spotted Eric, he grabbed the smaller boy by the shoulder and firmly directed him to a small side alley. While he didn't block Eric from leaving, he made it clear that that wouldn't be tolerated. He grinned his father's wolfish grin.

"Sorry, Eric. I just have a few questions," he said. "What exactly have you heard about my brother? You see, your mother happened to be involved in his transfer, and she seemed none too happy about the idea. I just want to make sure you don't have the wrong...impression of him."

He leaned in inappropriately close to Eric and ruffled his hair.

Daciana and Cana meanwhile were working as a distraction for Kristian. They'd noticed him slip away with the Brandski boy a few minutes ago, and were working overtime to make sure Sophie didn't notice that. Daciana had her firmly by the arm that wasn't wrapped around Aleksander and had lead her to the stationery store nearby. While Cana was distracting them by showing them increasingly complex and ridiculous quills and inkwells, Daciana prattled on absentmindedly.

"You know I don't mean to harp on about tradition, but I really don't understand quills and parchment. Well, perhaps, I can understand the drama of it all! The aesthetic as it were. I would love a good peacock feather one," she gestured at the one Cana was wiggling in her face. "But I've never got the hang of writing with it. I suppose I'm relegated to the mundanity of pens," she sighed dramatically.

Privately Cana agreed with his mother. While the supply list had specified quills and parchment, he knew that the writing of a fountain pen was more or less indiscernable. While he'd have to use the quills during class, he couldn't imagine them being able to tell the different on homework assignments. He continued playing his part though, even as he missed having Kristian there to torment with the ridiculous quills.

Aleksander hoped that Kristian would hurry back. He couldn't imagine the ruse lasting for long, and it would only serve to worsen things if Sophie noticed. But he needed to know what the boy knew both about his mother's plans and about his younger son. Besides, she'd made it clear she wouldn't change her mind regardless.

Still, he quietly sent up a missive to the gods. It wouldn't do to make a scene.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:55 pm

As the party passed by a shop that advertised Muggle Style candy, Eric slipped away. Once or twice his parents had called him a cat, being able to appear or disappear without anyone being the wiser. He hoped this would be one of those times.

The boy relaxed a little as the bell chimed over the door. He waited a moment, listening for it to chime again. When it didn't, Eric smiled to himself and continued down the bright aisle of rainbow colors. There were lollies of all shapes, sizes, colors, and flavors taking up the walls and stationed in barrels around the floor.

Eric had a always liked the flavor combinations that the wizards camer up with, but chasing his sweets down was never one of his favorite activities. And he felt more than a little bad to stop there escapes by biting them into bits.

Grabbing a plastic baggie from one of the dispensers, Eric began filling it up. He needed to get enough lollies to last until the first trip to Hogsmead. He started with licorice, then moved on to jelly babies, some hard candies, and then grabbed a box of Turkish Delights.

It was a pricy buy, but Eric had the money for it and most places gave his family a discount. With his goodies him hand, the boy left the shop feeling more comfortable than he had since arriving in Diagon Alley.

That feeling was short lived. Eric almost screamed as a large hand landed on his should. Before he realized what was happening, the boy was being steered into an alley way and pressed against a wall. He looked up at Kristian, any words dying in his throat when he realized how close the other boy was.

Eric hadn't been ignorant to the fact that Kristian was... well, attractive didn't seem like the right word, but his hulking height had overpowered his physical attributes. Until he and Eric were sta being nose-to-nose. Suddenly, Eric found that he couldn't breathe very well.

This was diffrent from Eric's usual claustrophobia induced panic. Sure, his chest felt restricted and his throat was closing up a little, but Eric kept glancing at Kristian's lips as the older boy spoke. There were only inches between them and a wicked part in Eric's brain wondered what would happen if one of them closed that distance.

He was caught off guard by Cana's name. A quick look around said that the twin bouncer wasn't even in sight. Which meant Kristian was talking about Cana not to him. Eric forced his stupid brain to focus.

"W-what?" His voice was shaking. He cleared his throat and tried again. "I never even heard Cana's name before today." That worried Eric. There were few thing that were important enough for his mum to keep quiet about. Apparently Cana was one of them. "Whatever you think I know, I sware to you that I don't." And this, Eric was sure, was when he died.

Meanwhile, Sophie wanted to scream. Or punch something. It was a feeling that she hadn't had since Eric had been an ankle biter. She could feel a major headache coming on, but tried to stay as diplomatic as she could.

"I always thought," Sophie said, picking up a classic black quill, "it was more for the penmanship than the esthetic." She placed the quill down and replaced it with a bright red one th at was more of her son's style. Where was he, anyway? "My husband went to a Muggle school with all the modern everything. He deserves the flack doctors get about their hand writing. Eric has impeccable handwriting, however. Old fashioned is not always less efficient."

Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Post by Cana Havich » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Back home, Kristian was known for many things. His sheer size. His talent at sports. His...closeness with his brother. He wasn't much known for dating though (which only made the rumors swirling around him and Cana even worse, much to his delight).

But.

It wasn't because Kristian was blind.

He caught Eric looking more than a little bit intrigued, and a small part inside of him surged with glee. The idea that even despite all the threats and rudeness, this boy was attracted to him made him thrill a bit. And Eric certainly wasn't bad looking, even if he did seem to have the fashion sense of...well, he'd honestly never seen anyone quite so bad as to be comparable. The deep, predatory part of Kristian was preening.

But when he heard what Eric had to say, he stopped short.

Curious.

"Huh, well," he replied, a bit stupidly. He quickly put on a casual grin and shrugged. "I suppose we won't have any problems then. Or rather, make sure we don't have any problems. Make very sure. I'm...very protective of him." And with a wolfish smile, he tilted Eric's head up by his chin and laid a kick kiss on his cheek. Turning swiftly, Kristian made his way back to the shop where his family was waiting, tamping down the urge to look back at Eric and see the look on his face.

As he slipped back inside the store, sure that Eric would be following after him soon enough, he laid his head on his father's shoulder and whispered.

"He doesn't know anything. About absolutely anything. Unsurprisingly. I don't think he'll be of much use or much trouble at Hogwarts, but I suppose it would be better for Cana to keep an eye out."

Aleksander nodded and petted his son's head. Interesting. Sophie had clearly found Cana dangerous and distasteful enough to try to block him from Hogwarts, but not enough to tell her own son about the trouble he could pose. Aleksander found that strange. He shared any and all useful information with his own children. It had kept them on top more than once, too. And if he'd known someone potentially as dangerous as Cana were coming to Gammla Uppsala, Kristian and the others would be the first to know.

For not the first time, he reconsidered arguing with Ophelia and her husband about allowing Kristian to follow after Cana. Kristian was entirely willing, he knew. Aleksander watched as the boy in question slipped back behind Cana and get lightly smacked in the face with a quill. But Ophelia had been arguing with a quiet edge to her voice that it would be good for the boys to be apart for awhile. They were too affectionate with each other, she'd said. Like you and Jetta, she didn't say. While Aleksander could have pretended he didn't know what she was talking about, he truthfully just didn't care. His main priorities in life were Daciana and the children, followed by his business. And if Kristian and Cana were happier together (not to mention could protect each other more) than that would be his focus for awhile. A branch in London could be handled by Thorunn for a bit.

Daciana had relaxed a bit when Kristian came back into the store. He didn't seem out of breath, stressed, or in anyway ruffled. Which meant nothing really, in his case, but instinctually she knew he hadn't done anything to hurt the Brandski boy. He was too smart for that, and so was Cana. As she prattled on, she watched as each boy picked up one of their sisters and began packing them around looking at differing kinds of parchment and blank books.

She turned back to Sophie.

"Sorry, darling, I suppose I'm just spoiled for modernity with someone like Aleksander," she grinned. "Though I completely understand about doctors. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even getting the right prescription! Pharmacists are truly heroes for being able to read what they write. What kind of medicine does your husband practice by the way?"

She knew, of course. She knew because Aleksander knew everything about nearly everyone involved in this affair, and he wasn't very stingy with sharing information with her.

"I think," she continued, pride written in her voice, "that Cana would be great in medicine and healing. Not," she waved her hand dismissively, "not necessarily with patients. But on the research side of things. That's where Sigurd excels after all, and Cana just worships his grandfather! He wants to be just like him."

Daciana was searching for a reaction. For all she knew that Sophie didn't like Aleksander, Sigurd was the truly most polarizing figure in the family. Seeing what she knew and thought about him could also be very useful.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Eric sat in the alley, his back pressed a gainst the wall as he tried to catch his breath. He didn't know what to do or what to think. Kristian has left... he wasn't sure how long ago. But that peck the boy left on his cheek had Eric's head spinning in circles. Logically, Eric knew that it was just a gag. A fun thing that Kristian got off on. It didn't mean anything.

He tried to focus on the logic of it all. It had been some twisted form of interrogation. To see what he knew about Cana. What about Cana? Was it about why he was transferring? Something bad his mum couldn't tell him? He didn't know.

Even as he tried to come up with an answer to even one of the questions, he kept thinking about what would have happened if Kristian's lips had been over just a few inches. Eric let out a growled sigh and hit his head back against the wall.

Why was he like this? Kristian was a jerk. A bully. Eric didn't even like him. It had to be hormones. Right? Eric was fifteen. Hormones were supposed to take over at this point. Right? It wasn't like Eric had never been kissed. But he was a kid then. It was different.

Running his hands through his hair, Eric tried to calm himself down and shove away the bit of disappointment still lingering in his chest. He had to get back before his mum started worrying. That wouldn't be fun for anyone.

Pushing himself to his feet and grabbing his candy, Eric walked into the stationary shop just in time to hear Sophie explain about Sam's family practice.

"I'm proud that he's doing whast he likes now," Sophie said with a small smile. "And I'm sure that Cana would be great in research..." away from people. "It's important to encourage children in what they want to do, as long as it doesn't bring harm to their wellbeing or the wellbeing of those around them."

"Mum said I couldn't skateboard after breaking my arm," Eric chimed in, glad to see that Cana and more specifically Kristian were otherwise distracted. "To be fair, it was the third time I broke something that summer." He tried being casual, but he was pretty sure his face was hot enough to cook an egg.

Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Post by Cana Havich » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Kristian and Cana watched carefully as Eric came in looking shellshocked and bright red. It took Cana a moment to put two and two together, but the second he did, his face lit up in wicked glee. He looked over at Kristian with raised eyebrows and an expectant grin. Kristian grinned, shrugged, and waved it off as nothing. Cana wouldn't be deterred. He placed Scarlett down and extricated Sable from Kristian and directed them away easily enough. The girls could tell something was going on that wasn't for their ears yet, though they were both beginning to guess what was going on. Cana grabbed his brother by the shoulder and maneuvered him over to a corner. Glancing back at Eric with a sly, delighted look, he poked his older brother in the ribs and put his mouth by his ear.

"What did you do?! You weren't gone that long, you pervert!" he whisper-yelled in Norwegian. Delight was absolutely clear in his voice though.

Kristian shrugged. "Just warned him off of you. He seemed...a bit intrigued. So I just gave him a taste of what he wanted," he could barely keep a wicked smirk off of his face. Cana suppressed a very stereotypical flail of glee at the torment his brother must have inflicted on the younger boy. He kept glancing back at Eric speaking to his mother, bright red and ignoring them poorly.

Aleksander at some point had wandered over there and was trying very poorly to suppress a smirk.

"You didn't."

"Depends on what you think I did."

"Oh gods," Aleksander sighed, letting his grin out and his head fall to his chest. "Well that's certainly one way to do things."

"And you said I'd left enough boys with memories," Cana snickered. "He's gonna have this playing on loop for the rest of his life."

Kristian just laughed.

Daciana meanwhile had felt her grin tighten at Sophie's comment. As long as it doesn't bring harm to their wellbeing or the wellbeing of those around them? What the hell was that supposed to mean? Obviously, she knew about the incident with Cana and Gabriel, but what else did she know? What exactly was she implying about her precious baby boy?

"We always encourage our children to follow our passions," she finally settled on. "Whatever and whoever they may be. It's worked out just fine so far," she shrugged, looking over to where Cana was once again leaning on Kristian's shoulder. She missed the image of Gabriel in between them. She missed seeing Bjørn off to the side of them, smirking like a lounging predator. But mostly, she hurt knowing how much Cana would miss that.

She looked back to Eric with a more gentle smile. Clearly something had happened, but what she wasn't sure of. Eric didn't seem physically harmed at least, though he did seem distracted and embarrassed by something and--oh.

Oh.

Well, obviously Kristian did have a little bit of his mother in him.

Ignoring her realizations, Daciana pushed on.

"Oh Cana has been broken, burned, cut, you name it. Boys are just so adventurous, especially the more curious ones! Magic and a bit of Muggle medicine fixed it all right up though! Ooh that reminds me of the funniest story. Boys! Boys come over here?"

Kristian and Cana extricated themselves from one another and made their way over. Neither could keep grinning and glancing at Eric, holding back uncharacteristic giggles.

"Do you remember that time with the horses when Cana broke his arm?" Daciana prompted, which sent both boys into fits of laughter.

"Gods, yes," Kristian finally settled, putting an arm around his brother's shoulders. "So many people were over! Including Gabe. And Cana and a few girls were on some of the horses. One got spooked and reared back. Cana tried grabbing the reins, which got the horse down, but also flung him right across a few yards, and he landed right on top of Gabe Warner. A long line in incidents where he ended up there," he cackled.

Cana rolled his eyes and punched his brother in the ribs. "Stop acting like you're jealous of my boyfriend."

Kristian shrugged with a grin on his face and gave his brother a wicked smirk. That was sure to get Eric's brain firing on all cylinders.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Eric could feel them laughing at him. He had to grind his teeth against the anger the flooded him. He knew it had all been a stupid joke, but to see practically the whole family poking fun at him twisted his stomach. Had everyone been in on it? To what purpose? What would t hey possibly gain by--

"Stop acting like you're jealous of my boyfriend."

Cana's stupid voice cut through Eric's angry thoughts. And suddeny, it all made sence. It was all Cana's fault. Everything had been going well today. His mum had the day off. They all ate breakfast as a family. The car ride had been full of laughter. And then stupid Cana showed up.

Stupid Cana who had a boyfriend and a big family and sisters. Cana who had everything Eric always wanted and yet got his kicks from making others miserable. Cana who had Kristian hanging on him so casually like it didn't even matter. Cana who was some big secret that Eric's mum couldn't even tell him about. "Will you just shut up!" Eric's fist was flying before he even knew what was happening. He was too short and not nearly strong enough to do any damage. He didn't want to do any damage, but Cana was ruining his day.

"Eric Johnathan," Sophie gasped. It was an awful swing and she had taught him better than that. But that wasn't the important thing. Sophie had read the reports about what happened to the people Cana had on his radar. Even the people the boy liked got damaged around him. Her hopes had been to keep Eric from even being in Cana's sight line. This was much much worse.

"No! No, I am tired of being nice," Eric cried. "You," he jabbed a finger at big, stupid Cana, "are a jerk. And you," he glared at Kristian, "are even worse. And you two," he gestured at Alek and Daciana, "just encourage their incorrigible behavior. The only people I like in your stupid family is your daughters, and you're going to twist them, too! Why the bloody hell can't you just--"

Eric was cut off as Sophie slammed her hand over his mouth. Her eyes were on fire as she stared him down. He hadn't even notice her cross to him. "Not. Another. Word."

Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Post by Cana Havich » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Well.

He certainly had expected Kristian to be the target of Eric's ire moreso than him. Cana sighed and dodged the punch easily. Not that it would have done much damage. Rolling his eyes and smirking lightly, he looked down as Eric's mother yelled at him. He couldn't imagine his mother doing the same. Sure, she would be quietly judgmental of the quality of his punch and might give him a cursory scolding for embarrassing her, but he could hardly see Daciana trying put a hand over his mouth of using his middle name over something so...well, not common for him. His punch could probably kill someone. But not particularly scandalous. He let Eric finish his tirade and he glanced over at Kristian, mouth twisting into an awful smirk.

"Hear that? You're worse than me. Now I've got something to be jealous of," he joked. His joking stilled as Eric's wagging finger took a turn towards his mother though. His smile dropped. Any light he'd had behind his eyes went dead. He gently took his hand from his side and lowered Eric's hand with it. He didn't hurt him. He didn't break him.

He could have.

But he didn't.

Not now.

He watched as Eric got a threat from his own mother, but he didn't truly parse what was being said. His head tilted to the side, and his eyes narrowed. He could vaguely feel Kristian's hand on the small of his back. He was sure part of him could feel his father's hand on his shoulder. His peripheral vision registered his mother and sisters closing ranks in front of him.

Not to protect him.

To stop him.

He didn't care one whit about being insulted or punched, but the second anyone said anything about his mother? Who had done absolutely nothing bad or wrong ever? That was inexcusable. His vision had tunneled in like a particularly good predator, and all he could think about was wrapping a hand around Eric's throat. He could feel his jaw flex and his lip curl into a sneer, but otherwise he didn't move.

Not with the twins right there. Watching.

Meanwhile, Daciana (who had definitely done plenty of things bad and wrong within her lifetime), was trying to smooth over the situation.

"It's obviously been a very stressful day," she said to Sophie. "And I think it's very obvious that all the boys got off on the wrong foot. I am so, so sorry about that. Is there anything we can do to make this right?"

She looked back at Aleksander, pleading for him to say something.

"Yes," Aleksander chimed in. "We're so sorry about this mess. We should be leaving," he grinned sharply through his teeth at his wife. He gave a cursory shove to Cana's shoulder to get him to move and found his younger son had planted himself firmly in the floor. He gave a harried smile to Sophie and his wife and turned his back to them to whispered fiercely into Cana's ear in Norwegian.

"Now is not the time or place. You'll be at Hogwarts with him for a solid 9 months. That gives you plenty of times to think. To plan. To do whatever you feel you need to get this out of your system. But for the gods' sake, not now," he hissed and dug his hand in painfully to his son's shoulder. Cana looked vaguely down at his father's hand and shrugged him off. But he listened. His fists unclenched. His jaw loosened. He took his now open hands and put them on his mother's shoulders.

Kristian was regretting ever touching the smaller boy. He loved seeing what kind of trouble Cana got into, but now was neither the time nor place. Plus, he was fairly sure with the size and experience difference, Cana could kill him. The last thing Kristian wanted was to lose his brother forever instead of just for a few months of the year. As Cana moved to go forward, Kristian partially blocked Cana in. Daciana looked carefully at both boys. Taking one of Cana's large hands off her shoulder, she smiled shakily at Sophie.

"I think we'll continue this journey on our own. We've already taken up too much of your time."

Aleksander nodded and gripped Cana round his shoulder again. Pushing and pulling with some force, they managed to maneuver Cana around Eric without incident. Other than, of course, Cana's dead, black eyes staring daggers through to Eric's soul. As Kristan ushered the girls out behind him, he took one pitying look at Eric and stated simply.

"Should have never brought his mother into it. I--" he stopped short and sighed. "I'll talk to him," he directed at Sophie. "We'll all talk to him at home."

Scarlett and Sable seemed like they didn't understand why Cana was the one who needed talking to, as they glared daggers of their own through Eric for daring to talk about them and try to punch Cana. As the whole family retreated out of the door, the twins looked back from behind their older half brother and stuck their tongues out. Well, Scarlett stuck her tongue out. Sable was giving an all together different gesture of disapproval.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:26 am

Eric was an idiot. This had been proven countless times before over stupid things. Usually, though Eric's stupidity didn't cost him his life. He could feel the exact moment that he signed his death warrant. Even as Eric was yelling about the boys, they all thought it was fun and games. Who cared whast he thought about them? He was just a toy to them. A way to get kicks and jollies. Like a bug you played with until you got bored.

No, it was when Eric brought the parents into it that the tempiture in the room dropped. That had been is mistake in everything.

Sophie hadn't been in as gang since her early twenties, but she remembered the feeling of a collective hive-mind approach to problems. At first, she had been concerned for the safety of her son as she watched the Havich family ban together. She hadn't fought in years, especially not anyone of Alek or his sons size. The woman she could take just fine and the girls were of no worry. But the men hpuld beat them with ease.

What shocked Sophie though, was the way they all seemed to baracade Cana in. Like a wall separating him and the outside world. The woman stood there, stunned, as the entourage made their leave.

Eric watched the family make their way down the street. He knew he had blown it, big time. But he also knew that if he didn't some how... fix it, make it right, itg would be major trouble. For him or his mum, he wasn't sure. But neither would be good.

Handing over his bag of sweets, he through a quick appolagy out to his mum before exiting the store and racing after the family. He had never claimed to be a smart man. He knew he was running into a dangerous situation. He didn't know what had happened with Cana to force him to move, but it was bad enough that he couldn't even go to the same school he'd been at all of his life.

Cana might have been a stupid jerk, but his family didn't deserve all if that when things were already hard on them. "Hold up! Look, I'm sorry. You're right. It's been a long day. That's no excuse for my behavior back there, though. I was raised to be respectful, no matter how I'm treated by others." He made a point not to look at Kristian or Cana, but instead met the woman's eyes. It was easier to say it to her than the others, and he had a feeling that if she accepted his appolagy, it wouild go a long way in the grace-giving department.

"I'm sorry. I was rude and discourteous. You're guests and I acted selfishly." The words burned lightly to say. He wanted to defend himself. To say that none of it was his fault. That he was provoked. But where would the good be in that? "I hope you can find it in you to forgive me and... have lunch with us?" God, he hoped forf the first part and prayed against the second. But it was out on the table now. The serve was theirs to play.