Ain't No Stopping Us Now

Life within the castle can be found happening here.
Dorian Krueger
Third Year

Re: Ain't No Stopping Us Now

Post by Dorian Krueger » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:21 am

"They have been known to dae tha'," he grinned, continuing to circle the remaining mess, dangling his arms and grabbing up the last remaining salvagable items. He was actually taking a guess here - he had no experience with exploding bonbons but that something with that name would actually literally explode seemed like something to expect from wizards.

"Off tae study then, looks like? Ave got an extra ink bottle on me if ye need to replace wot I broke. Was off tae the library mesel' fer a book but I was thinkin I tell the professor I had some bad milk and was embarrassingly occupied all night. Dun even remember what book it was honestly." He grinned and chuckled.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Eric blinked at the boy. He was extremely candid when he talked. It was both amusing and terrifying. The press would have a field day with him. "I have some ink back in my dorm," Eric assured him. "I don't really need it. More hitting-the-books than taking-notes today. I just brought it for back up." That was the irony of it. The one time he was actually prepared and it ended up all over the ground. "Besides, I would feel like I'd need to pay you back. And then there would be this whole cycle of..." Eric waved his had, as if it finished his sentence for him. "You know."

Readjusting the pile of things in his arms and trying to organize them without everything falling again, Eric asked "Do you remember what class the assignment is for, at least?" There were a few new teachers this year, but maybe he could help narrow it down.

Dorian Krueger
Third Year

Post by Dorian Krueger » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:44 am

Dori scoffed, planting his hands on his hips and cocking his head. "Pay me back fer replacin' something ah broke? Are ye mad? Is me doin' the payin back." Dori wondered if this boy was always as worried about everything as he seemed. Must take a lot of energy, fussing that much. "Yer a weird one ye are. Worryin about who owes who what, talkin' about cycles an aw'. Mental."

Dori shrugged. "History a' Magic. Nothin' am ever gonna use, probly. If anything am sure Morrigan has a copy. Or will jus let me copy her assignment. Either way." He was hoping for the later, but getting the book at all at least covered him if she chose not to aid and abet his cheating. "Ah dunno why we ever need te memorize history when is so easy te look it up. Like, is good te have an idea wit happened but does the date make a difference?" To be perfectly honest, he wasn't entirely sure he'd continue to be all that invested in the magical community after school anyway.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Eric wasn't un-used to being call weird or strange, he knew he was, but it usually didn't happen to his face. It was both refreshing and slightly unnerving. He was used to people sliding their options into polite conversation, not broadcasting them aloud. He grinned a little. This kid was something else, for sure.

"History of Magic is kinda neat," Eric commented, "but I get what you mean. Unless I'm going to be a historian or a law-keeper, what's the point, really?" It had never really been his favorite subject, in fact he usually slept through it, but he'd passed it the last four years. "I might be able to help," Eric offered. "I keep some of my old assignments and if you copy an older student, your're less likely to get caught."

He didn't usually advocate cheating, but it wasn't like it was really important. One assignment couldn't hurt, right?

Dorian Krueger
Third Year

Post by Dorian Krueger » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Dori, in fact, did not think any sort of history was kinda neat. He was smart enough to recognize the whole 'learn from history or repeat it' thing was valid, but he doubted he'd really ever follow any sort of career or lifestyle in which he would have much effect on the general state of the world, so someone else could go learn history for all he cared. He didn't take a whole lot to stock in the future, either - he was largely about the here and now. Every day like you're last, right? But he didn't say all that. Instead he shrugged and said, "Is jus' borin' te me anyway. Someone should know it, but no' me, ye know?"

He lit up when Eric mentioned old assignments. "Aye, it couldn't hurt te have some - ahem - study aids, eh?" He grinned like he was getting away with something. "Nothin wrong wi' that. Ye got other subjects?" He snorted and did a little spin on his skates.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:35 am

Eric eyed the wild boy. He had always known that Huffelpuffs weren't shy, but this kid could rival some of his housemates. He wasn't sure if Dori was hopped up on sugar, or if it was his natural personality, but Eric made a mental note to keep him away from coffee. "It's true," he admitted, "I personally feel it should become an elective after third year." It was important to have a base in place in your history, but there were a lot of other things peoplee could be doing with their time.

"Study aid... wait," Eric was pretty sure at this point that Dori was a demigod child of Pan. "I won't--I'm not--my mum would kill me if I was caught helping you cheat. This is a one time deal." The boy was pretty cute though, and Eric was trying to get more friends... "But, I could, uh, tutor you a little, and then it would oinly be reasonable that your work looks a bit like mine."

He was pretty sure he'd lost his head. He was rather convinced that this wasn't the way his mum wanted him masking friends. But an end goal was an end goal, right?

Dorian Krueger
Third Year

Post by Dorian Krueger » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:15 pm

"It'd be nice if everything were electives after ye take it a few times" Dori shrugged. "Like, ye learn somethin' for a year or two and ye have pretty good idea whether ye wanne keep doin it forever as a job, ya know? Like, past addin and multiplyin maths isnae a life skill unless ye get a job that needs maths. Am sure that's the same fer half these magicky classes as well. It's nice te unlock doors and light lights but ah dun think I'll need te turn frogs inte tea cups ever in my whole life."

Dori chuckled and grinned. He wasn't esecially desperate to copy homework, honestly. It'd save him some time but he could manage fine on his own. Teasing the older boy who had clearly never broken a rule in his life, however, was fun. "No one's gonnae catch ye doin anything! Yer doin a good deed, man, helping yer younger schoolmate succeed! Am just lookin' over old work and drawing my own conclusions from it, is no cheating if I don't rewrite everything word for word, aye? Anyway if yer too worried yer maw is checking in on my homework nae bother then, I'll ask Morrigan."