All I Ever Wanted Was The World (open)

Life within the castle can be found happening here.
Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Re: All I Ever Wanted Was The World (open)

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:08 am

All of Lyssa' carefully made life plans flashed before her eyes upon their descent. It was nothing like riding a motorcycle! She could feel the wooden banister shift and change direction under her thighs, and jerk them around sharply. Her grip tightened on Rowan.

"I felt much more alive before I decided to try this!" she yelled. "What if we fall?!"

Scratch that question.

She didn't want an answer.

Finally, they slowed to a stop and before they could even stop moving, Lyssa threw herself from the banister, barely landing on her feet. She gasped for air from the sheer shock of it all. She'd broken out in a sweat at some point, and could feel it glistening down the back of her neck.

She never should have asked where the kitchens were. If this was the only way to get there, she'd never have an appetite!

Straightening herself up and smoothing her clothes down, she simply understated.

"I don't think I would like to do that again. I prefer to stick to brooms. And motorcycles. They seem less dangerous somehow."

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Post by Rowan Fox » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Rowan lept from the banister and landed lightly on her feet. It was a but selfish of her, but the adrenaline got her blood flowing and her heart pumping, and distracted her from her problems for a bit. Clapping her hands together, Rowan looked up at the flights of stairs they had just come down. It had saved a good ten minutes of their time. It was just too bad that there wasn't a quick way back up.

"It'll grow on you," she told Persephone, tugging lightly on the girl's raven hair. "I always wanted a motorcycle. I head rumor of a flying one, but I think it got destroyed years ago." Not that she would ever trade her broom in for anything, really. As Rowan folded the fabric back up, she started down one direction of the hall. "Kitchen is this way."

It had taken Rowan a few years to find the kitchen, not that she had ever really needed it for anything. Once in a while, she would go in for snacks, but for the most part whenever she went, she was looking for a busy place that was noisy enough where she didn't have to think. It wasn't a common hang out spot for her, but it came in as useful when she needed it.

Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Lyssa tried to gather her bearings.

"Motorcycles are fun," she finally replied. "You have a helmet on an everything. They're still dangerous though, of course. My Aunt Thorunn and Uncle Aleksander were very horrified that Mom let Dad take us on them when we were kids. Luckily nothing happened to us. Dad was in a crash once though. The bike caught fire under him. He made it out fine though--well, some burns, but mostly fine."

It had been horrifying, she was sure, for her mother to see. It had happened right as he was turning into their parking lot, she'd heard, when Mom was pregnant with her and Dahlia. They weren't even married yet--that didn't happen until after the twins were born--and her mother had thought she'd lost Dad forever. She couldn't imagine how stressful it must have been for her poor mom.

Lyssa, for some reason or another, dutifully followed after Rowan to the kitchens. She wasn't entirely sure why. The girl could have easily gotten her killed. She was very charismatic though. Perhaps that was it. Lyssa was generally good with being her own person, but she did, on occasion, get caught up in the charisma of others. Sometimes it worked in her favor. Sometimes against. She hoped this time it would be the former. She couldn't handle the latter again.

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Post by Rowan Fox » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:23 pm

"Fire burns suck," Rowan said, as if she had personal experience. Which she did, but now wasn't the time for that story. Looking over her shoulder at the raven beauty, she added, "Ah'm glad your dad's alright." And she meant it. There were a lot of similar stories that ended differently. Not everyone got to walk away. But that was getting way too real and Rowan decided it was time to change the subject.

"How you dealing with the time change?" They were getting close enough that Rowan had to start counting paintings. One might think that there would be no way for twenty painting of different fruit by different artist could possibly look exactly the freakin' same, but one would be wrong. "Ah know it's only, like, an hour, but that would drive me bonkers."

She couldn't imagine having to move schools in her last year. Going somewhere no one had known her had been hard enough as a child, but doing it as an adult? Especially since you knew you'd only be around for a year? There was no way. Even Rowan wouldn't have had the motivation to make friends. Which was why she decided right then in there she would be a friend to whichever Delaney needed it. At the moment, that was Persephone.

Reaching the correct painting, Rowan stopped and grinned over at the other girl. "Ready?"

Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:58 pm

"Thanks," Lyssa replied and meant it. "I can't imagine if I'd been there to see it. It must have been awful for my mom." She privately thought a few times, that if their mother wasn't so far along with the twins, what might have happened under that much stress. It was a dark thought even for Lyssa, and she tried to put it from her mind.

Lyssa perked up over the more neutral turn in subject. "it's not terrible. It messed with my sleep schedule for awhile, but I think I'm getting evened out, honestly. It was an adjustment, but I think I've got the hang of it."

She thought back to the dorm and her secret stash of medication. Regulating it with a time change had been difficult, but worth it at least. Ever since her last relationship had ended, she'd found herself in need of certain Muggle medications to keep things from getting a bit too dark. Before her ex, she might even have enjoyed the trip down the bannister, but after things ended with him she was very much on edge. A lot more than she used to be. The medication's side effects were partially to blame, but mostly, she knew, was her. She'd changed for the worse. She sighed, and then covered it with a cough.

As they approached a painting and Rowan turned to her with a smile, Lyssa tried hard to return it. It might not have reached her eyes quite yet, but it was a better attempt than what she was able to give most people.

"Yeah, definitely," she affirmed. "I feel like I'm about to be suprised, heh."

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Post by Rowan Fox » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:18 pm

Grinning at the beauty next to her, Rowan reached out a scratched softly at one of the pears in the painting. The fruit wiggled and rolled away from the touch as the canvas swung open. If Persephone was expecting stainless steel counters and spotless white tile, she would be sorely disappointed.

Though the kitchen was huge, it had to be to support that amour of food, it was all stone and wood an cast iron. The lit fires made it homey and filled the space with a light crackle. They must have come at a downtime, because the place was rather empty. Rowan didn't mind. It would be much easier to talk if they weren't worried about being in the way.

Bowing, Rowan gestured to the entrance with an extended arm. "After you, Princess." She grinned through the curtain of her hair, "Get it? Cause Persephone was a princess consort." The joke made her laugh, but usually she was the only one who laughed at her jokes.

Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:00 am

Lyssa stepped over the threshold into the kitchen and was a bit underwhelmed. Not that she had been expecting an executive chef's kitchen, but she had hoped that it would match some of the grandeur of the rest of the castle. Though she supposed students weren't really expected to be down here in the first place. She did grin at Rowan though.

"I believe you'll find Persephone was a queen. I'll take it though, as I know I'm not ready for that title quite yet," she giggled.

She wandered around a bit, looking for where the workers--she'd heard it was paid House Elves, but she wasn't sure--kept their cold storage. One thing she'd found lacking at Hogwarts since coming was fresh fruit. Sure there were plenty of apples available, but she'd seen berries used for trifle roughly 5 or 6 times since coming here. There had to be a stash somewhere.

"They're holding out on us," she faux whispered to Rowan, as she opened a large door. Cold air magically blew out. While it wasn't quite the selection made available to her at home, she did see quite a large number of bins of strawberries. Trifle was likely on the menu sometime soon again. Surely they wouldn't miss a few....

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Post by Rowan Fox » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Rowan ducked around Persephone to grab a handful of the bright red fruit. "Usually there's at least someone here," she commented, "we must have caught them at a scheduled break." She tucked the information about Queen Persephone away in her mind. She didn't know much about the Greek gods, but only because it was never on her radar before.

Lifting a large berry to the brunette's lips, Rowan offered her a bite. "Go on, I'm pretty sure they're grown in a pocket universe." She grinned to herself. "Strawberry fields forever." It was a bad joke, but bad jokes were good jokes, right? She thought so.

Piping a strawberry into her own maw, Rowan hummed softly at the sweet taste. They weren't her favorite fruit. That was saved for the rich, deep flavor of mulberries. She would come home red with berry juice as a child. It always exasperated her uncle when she wasn't "lady like," but at some point in her life she had given up caring about that part of being a woman.