Welcome Back

All your important information can be found here from general news & updates on the site, to rules, and announcements.
Antien Rohas
Fourth Year

Welcome Back

Post by Antien Rohas » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:51 pm

Welcome back to IQ. Please pardon our dust. We're still working on rebuilding and remodeling. Please refer back here for information, updates, and general status.

We do have a help wanted thread. Feel free to also post offers of help/availability there. We'll post things we've identified as needs there as well as we come across them/are ready to tackle new tasks. Re-building is going to be a big efforts so we appreciate the patience and assistance from all involved. Help wanted thread can be found: HERE.

In the mean time feel free to start roleplaying. Setting is present day. We're not doing cannon characters at this time (though feel free to interact with the ghosts as they roam our halls), preferring a clean slate where everyone can invent their own characters. Feel free to bring back your characters from before - graduate them or send them back to school! Or invent someone new!

We don't have a limit on character count, though we would hope at least one of them was actively used! We would also advise picking one account that is going to be your 'primary' that people know you as. As homework starts going up and we get the house points system up and running, we do ask that you only do homework on one account. Otherwise have fun!

Once you determine your characters age/year and house affiliation if they are a student, please post HERE and we will get that updated for you.

If you have additional questions, let us know! Welcome back and happy RP-ing!

Agnes Cooper
Sixth Year

Re: Welcome Back

Post by Agnes Cooper » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:56 am

Additional Questions:

A post was just added in my house common room saying to avoid inappropriate language and behavior w/o any further explanation. What is inappropriate language on this forum is it like, offensive language/slurs or all swear words? What about inappropriate behavior? Is roleplaying sensitive topics (w/ the consent of all participants) allowed? What are the guidelines for this? In general what are the rules for forum behavior? What are the rules or guidlines in terms of rp and plot development? Is there a full list of mods and a full list of faculty somewhere? Are all faculty mods or is there a distinction? How does homework work? Is this set in the future or the present? Did I dream that it was set in the future, bc this says present now, but I swear I remember it saying something different earlier? What is the procedure for dealing with rulebreaking? Basically, I know a lot of people are from an earlier site and have a lot of background on how these things work, but for those of us who are new, things are not very transparent at the moment. Thank you for your work in getting the site up and running & giving us all a space to rp; I know there's a lot to deal with but these are some pressing questions that I have.

Desdemona Garrotte
Shady Merchant

Post by Desdemona Garrotte » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:53 pm

I promise we're not ignoring you my dear, we're discussing things and we'll be posting loads of info stuff this weekend.

For now:
PG-13 for language and content, but I believe the Ravenclaw Head of House has an In Character rule about language so bear that in mind as well. Anything sexual beyond vague implied mentions is not allowed, as most of the characters on this site are children.

A more user friendly staff list post will be up soon but for the moment you can click The Team at the bottom of most pages and look for anyone with something marked under Moderator. Most professors are staff-owned but not all - I also want to make a master list of the Whos Who thread so it's easier to tell who is played by whom.

We've switched from future to present as of this week, you're not crazy ;) There was a delay in the actual announcing of it beyond the quiet edit, that's our bad.

I don't believe we've gotten into specifics of dealing with rulebreaking as no one's broken any rules, but most minor offenses will be a PM warning, especially if it's unintentional. Knowing, malicious breaking of rules will be dealt with more harshly. We're taking it case by case for now.

Let us know if you have more questions!

Lacey Burke
Third Year

Post by Lacey Burke » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:06 pm

I have a really quick question about character profiles.

I've noticed the trend is to give a lot of information in bullet points and to supplement that with short paragraphs that outline personality, etc.

Am I still allowed to submit a bio that reads more like a story? I have Lacey's already done and submitted, but I just want to determine how much of Cecilia's original bio I need to edit.

Maija Guerrero
Third Year

Post by Maija Guerrero » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:17 pm

Hiya,

Since we don't have an actual form for the way profiles should look, story form is alright as long as it has all the important information in it.

Maija

Agnes Cooper
Sixth Year

Post by Agnes Cooper » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:45 am

Thanks for your quick response! I'm not expecting everything to be laid out right away, since I know there's a lot of moving parts to get up and running, but wanted to give some insight into what the experience is as a new member on here. Really heartened to see things being addressed right away though, and think it reflects well on all of you as mods/admins that you're responding this way. Thanks again for all your hard work!