Don't Mistake My Smile {Eric}

This includes the forest, lake, quidditch pitch, and anything else within reasonable walking distance from the school.
Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Re: Don't Mistake My Smile {Eric}

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:24 am

Well at least Eric was being polite about it. It really didn't give Morrigan any more answers than what she started with though. Sighing a bit, she took the sandwich and bit into it. She paused at Eric's slightly incredulous tone, and then realized how it sounded.

"I mean, you don't have to meet him," she said quickly. "We're just...we're all a pretty close family? All my friends back home knew my parents, either in person or by reputation. I just. I mean, if you don't want to, it's totally fine," she finished awkwardly. Even as he said he would meet him, Morrigan still felt awkwardness radiating off herself in waves.

"He lives in Edinburgh," she finally answered, a bit quelled. "He has a Floo in his place though, and Mom just goes there most nights from the teacher dorms. He works a lot though...he's a new product engineer at Triumph, so he's always busy. We don't get to see him a lot. Not that we got to see him or Mom all the time at Gammla Uppsala--just during summers. So this is better I think."

Morrigan missed her dad a lot, and she'd been looking forward to showing him around the place. Her spirit was only slightly dented though. Even if Eric went back on what he said, she'd still have a fun time with her dad. While she'd eventually have to share with her siblings, he dad had blocked out a bit of time just for her when he arrived. And nothing, not even being embarrassed, was going to stop her from enjoying it.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:55 pm

"I know how that is," Eric admitted with a small smile. "With my mum's job, she often has to leave at random hours. Schedules tend to be loos, and we hardly ever see each other unless she takes a vacation day." The boy shrugged a little. "You're lucky you get to see your mum every day." He pulled a bit of his crust off his sandwich and popped it in his mouth. Hopefully he didn't look as nervous as he felt, but he doubted it.

"I'd really like to meet your dad," he said after a moment. "I don't have a whole lot of... friends, so meeting families has never been a common thing for me." He didn't want to voice his worries that Eric's reputation had spread to Morrigan's parents. Obviously, no one had told Morrigan about what had conspired in Diagon Alley, but that didn't mean the adults were in the dark.

Bumping his sandwich against hers in a mock-cheer, he offered a smile. "Thanks for inviting me."

Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:11 am

"Yeah my mom was the same before. It was rough. She'd go to all the different time zones too, so we'd never know when we'd get a call next from her. That's one reason why I liked my old school a lot...we could have phones there and could text," Morrigan explained. "But I guess since Mom is here, I wouldn't need it anyway...I do miss my friends there sometimes though," she confessed.

She felt awkward with her comment about friends as soon as Eric continued. She'd never really considered that he might not have a lot of friends himself. He seemed so easy going and nice, that she couldn't imagine most people not liking him. Cana was allowed to be an exception--he didn't get along with a lot of people.

"Well, now you have me, and you'll definitely end up meeting more of mine here," she grinned. "Being one of five means never getting time to yourself," she said with a manic edge to her voice that she quickly tried to mask with a joking smile.

"And it's not a problem. I'm sure you two will get along great!"

She silently prayed that her dad decided to act normal and not incredibly Dad-like when they met. She didn't think she could survive the embarrassment otherwise.