Don't Mistake My Smile {Eric}

This includes the forest, lake, quidditch pitch, and anything else within reasonable walking distance from the school.
Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Don't Mistake My Smile {Eric}

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:04 am

It had been a surprisingly good day for Morrigan. She had hung out with her friend Dori earlier that morning. Most of her classes were fairly easy that day. Peaches had even caught a mouse that she didn't put in Morrigan's shoes for once. And now she was having an actual decent and normal conversation with her cousin! It was a momentous day!

"You have to come, Cana! You have such a good voice!"

"No one needs to know that," he brushed off derisively.

"But it'd be so cool! I'll do anything for you to come! We have food! Like I'm planning on sneaking in a bunch of cheese."

"You can't control me with you're cheese, Morrigan, you know I'm not white."

Morrigan burst out laughing at the absurdity of Cana's comment. She pouted a bit and turned on her best puppy dog eyes.

"Come on, Cana? You always go to Lyssa and Dahlia's parties? Please do this for me? You don't have to sing, if you don't want...."

She could see Cana's resolve crumble. With an overdramatic sigh that deflated him down into a slouch, he finally agreed.

"Fine. But don't say I don't do things for you, lovey."

She grinned and preened, and then leaned into the kiss Cana planted on her forehead. As he turned to leave, she noticed him glance off the side and give a sadistic grin. He squeezed Morrigan's shoulders and was off before she could ask him what he was grinning at. Morrigan turned.

The color drained from her face.

Eric had seen him kiss her! And he didn't know they were cousins! What he must have thought!

Morrigan rushed forward to stand directly in front of Eric, Flailing her hands, she tried to explain herself.

"Oh my gosh, Eric, it's not what it looks like! Cana is my first cousin! His dad and my mom are brother and sister!"

She slowed and took a deep breath. "You see, we're planning this party--you're totally the next person I was going to invite--and I just wanted Cana to come along. That's it!"

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Re: Don't Mistake My Smile {Eric}

Post by Eric Brandski » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:39 am

Eric usually enjoyed his daydreams. A little too much according to his school records. They were usually silly things like shopping or traveling or diffrent jobs he wanted to do. The beach was one of his favorite places to go in his mind. All these were great daydreams to have. This one had him all shaken up, though.

It hadn't been a particularly bad one, all things considered. In fact, he probably would have enjoyed it if the subject hadn't been tall and blond, with hypnotic eyes and a wolf's grin. That had basicly ruined the whole thing.

He hadn't even seen the guy since that day in Diagon Alley, and he'd made great pains to avoid the brother. Thankfully, Cana had been sorted into Slytherin and was a year older than him (could someone that size be only 16?). He was still worried he'd round one of the halls and run into the bloke where there were no whitnesses.

For now, he was safe, but there was no telling how long that would last. Apparently, not long. The first thing Eric noticed when hes walked out of one ofc the school's side doors was Cana. A guy his size, it was hard not to be the first thing someone saw. Next the saw the girl next to him, which Eric thought was kind of strange. The beast had a boyfriend, after all.

Eric had first thought the girl had to be part of Cana's class, due to her height, but when the hulk leaned down to kiss her forehead, Eric caught her face. "Morrigan?" That was when Cana locked eyes with him.

Eric could hear his heart pounding in his ears as Morrigan rushed up to him. It's not like he had any say in who she let kiss her. But Cana wasn't good for anyone's life. "His cousin? But..." It was slowly coming back to him now. Where he had head the name Havich. Cana Havich. That was what the family was talking with his mum about. Gripping the bag of sacked lunch he had brought for Morigan and him to share, Eric sat in a close by stone bench. "Sorry... I just... I need a moment."

Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:02 am

Morrigan flailed a little bit. Obviously, he must have thought she was covering something up. She would have too in his shoes! She felt close to crying.

"I swear, he's just my cousin. Nothing more. He's not even the least bit attracted to girls either!" she rambled. "Like not even when he was little, and all the little girls wanted to play house. He'd just follow Gabe around--Gabe is his boyfriend--and give him things like pretty rocks or dead animal bones and try to propose to him! They've like always been in love, it's super cute. Cana keeps talking about how they're gonna really get married one day and have a bunch of kids!"

She was trying to distract him at this point. She knew most people didn't find that story cute for some reason, but it generally distracted them enough to get them talking again. She personally thought the image was adorable. She'd seen pictures of Cana when he was small, all chubby limbs and curly hair, and the image of him chasing after a laughing tiny Gabe with a cat skull and costume jewelry (or once, his mom's actual engagement ring) was just so cute!

"Please don't hate me. I promise it's true. My mom--Professor Delaney--is sister to my Uncle Aleksander. Cana's dad. I'd never just kiss a random guy or let a random guy kiss me. I'm not like that at all," she could feel tears welling up in her ears, as she looked pleadingly at Eric.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:18 pm

"Morrigan," Eric said, putting their lunch aside and playing a had on either side of her head, "Morrigan, I believe you, okay?" There was no doubt in Eric's mind that they were cousins. The way he had seen the siblings hand on each other, it only made sence for the whole family to act that way. A big, big family. Full of touches.

It made Eric wasnt to throw something at Cana. Not that it had worked out all too well the first time. But Cana--who apparently had a boyfriend since he was little-- or at least a cute, slightly creepy relationship-- frustrated him even more, now. He couldn't just be happy with is big family and his boyfriend and his height? Eric had seen the look that Cana had thrown him when he'd walked off. The look that said "this is mine and you can't have it."

But Eric liked Morrigan. He wanted to have Morrigan, as a friend or more. He didn't want Cana to have any say in their relationship. Morrigan obvously loved Cana. Everyone did. And Cana hated Eric. Eric would never not date someone because his family disapproved, but his family would never disapprove anyone. He had a feeling it was diffrent with the Havich's.

"I don't think you're a hussy," Eric told her firmly, "I've met Cana before. And your aunt and uncle. And Scarlett and the other one. And... Kristian." The Gryffindor had to clear in throat. Was he blushing? He hopped not. "I don't think I got off on the right foot with them. Everyone pretty much hates my guts, actually."

He realized he was still holding her face, and took her hand instead. "When you said you were a Havich, I couldn't really remember where I heard the name before... I," he swallowed, looking at their intwined hands. He had to give her this out. "I understand if this means we can't be friends. I don't want you to get in trouble with your family."

Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:51 pm

As soon as the words 'I believe you' left Eric's mouth, Morrigan could feel herself relaxing. Tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear, she smiled a shaky smile at Eric. Her smile soon faltered though.

Kristian.

With a heavy sigh, she began to explain.

"Krsitian, he--he brings out the worst in people really. He's like a good portion of Cana's impulse control, I won't lie. But he's also a terrible influence on him," she grumbled. "Him and my cousin Bjørn. Who is the absolute worst person in the world, let alone this family--well, actually grandma Agneta s probably worse, but we don't really talk to her. But Bjørn and Kristian are much worse than Cana is by himself. Without them, I swear Cana's a pretty decent person! He's a lot like his mom and dad--well, not too much like Uncle Aleksander," she hissed. "I don't think Cana would ever be a cheating a-hole."

She glanced up at Eric, slightly embarrassed she's aired that dirty laundry, but still she pressed on that topic. "It's not hard to guess that Daciana isn't Kristian's mom, anyway. And I've met Kristian's mom. She's a real piece of work. You should be glad you only made Aunt Daciana angry, if that's the case."

"But don't worry," Morrigan finally settled upon saying, "I'm not going to stop being friends with you! Trust me! And no one is going to do anything to you about it," she said firmly. "If Uncle Aleksander didn't kill my dad, then he's not going to kill you."

And that was most likely true. After all, Eric had only been nice and friendly and a bit flirty with her. Dad had gotten Mom pregnant pretty quick. There was a pretty big difference there, and she knew--despite his temper--that her uncle was capable of seeing it. She'd just have to get Cana to see it too.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Eric almost laughed at her description of Kristian. Almost. So, it wasn't just him who though the blond hulk was a grade-a jerk, apparently the whole family was in on the non-secret. If he thought Kristian and Cana were bad, though, Eric made a mental note never to meet Bjørn. An image of black eyes and fingernails stained red with blood popped into his head, but he was sure that was just his overactive imagination... hopefully.

When Morrigan mentioned Kristian having another mum, Eric's respect for Daciana skyrocketed. He had seen photos of twins or siblings who looked like they were completely different races and had just assumed Kristian was one of those weird genetic anomalies. The fact that Daciana had stayed with her husband and had even given him more children... No wonder him mum liked the woman.

But it made Kristian a worse person in his head, for a family that accepted him not to be enough. Eric didn't want to think on it too much or he'd become angry again. And he really didn't want to explain the root of his anger to the girl beside him.

"I'm glad we don't have to avoid each other," Eric told her. He really was. He was just beginning to meet people he really liked, and he didn't want them taken away from him. "I was actually looking for you." Gesturing to the bag at his side, he said, "Nothing romantic like a cat's skull, but I do have corned beef sandwiches and crisps."

Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Morrigan giggled and scooted a bit closer to Eric.

"Well, I suppose it will do. I don't know though, cat skulls are pretty romantic, at least according to Gabe," she rolled her eyes. Part of her wanted to spill to Eric why Cana was the way he was. Even why Gabe accepted it and was the way he was. Why Cana was so aggressive and weird ever since he was a kid. But it wasn't her place, really; and even then, it wasn't a valid excuse for his behavior. She wondered exactly what sort of thing her cousin had done to upset Eric so, but she wasn't entirely sure she'd get the whole truth from either boy.

"You know," Morrigan said, pointing to the bag, "I haven't had corned beef since last time I went to my Delaney grandparents house. It was really good, but it was a weird dinner. Grandpa is Irish, but grandma is Mexican, so they tried making corned beef tacos. They weren't bad actually!"

For all she couldn't stand some members on both sides of her family, they were all close. Well, save for a handful of Delaney cousins who were insistent that Morrigan's mother worshipped the Devil and performed rituals in the moonlight. They may have been half right, she thought, but it was still very rude to say. But her mother never really defended herself against them, saying that to people like that the old gods might as well have been the Devil anyway. She wondered what Eric would think of her family keeping with old traditions like that....Probably best not to ask right now.

"How're your classes going? Mine are going pretty well, save for a handful. I don't think anyone in this family is really built for Defense Against the Dark Arts, you know?" she joked.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:37 pm

Eric had known that the school Morrigan had transferred from was a bit different than Hogwarts, but not to the point where she didn't know the basic DADA spells. He wouldn't want to go to war with them, if the "defense" part of their "dark arts" was missing. It made him wonder again, exactly what Cana had done to get kicked out. Shaking the thought away, he asked Morrigan, "What about just reversing your knowledge? You'd've had to learn basic combat, yeah? Just... do the other side?" He didn't know it it would work, but at least it was worth a shot.

"My classes are going fine, I guess," he didn't want to admit that he slept through most of them. Or at least the boring, lecture based ones. "I met another 'Puff recently," he told her, trying to sway the subject. "Dori? He invited me to a karaoke party." Eric got a bit of a sinking feeling. "That's not what you were inviting Cana to, is it?"

To distract himself from the horror that might be, Eric started pulling out the sandwiches. "Do you like oat nut or rye? I'm good with either."

Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:07 pm

"I mean," she hesitated. "I've tried really hard on it? We had a good teacher back home, it just didn't stick. He didn't seem to like any of us very much. Apparently, he taught my mom and aunt and uncle too. I think he might have been a bit prejudiced against me," she shrugged. "I know Mom wasn't easy to deal with at all as a teenager. Everyone who knew her then always talks about how much she's changed since she was young. But I think that impression she left might have affected how he saw me and my siblings. Lyssa is good at everything though," she rolled her eyes. "So he sort of made an exception for her. If I start struggle here, I'll ask her to help me, but I really think having a different teacher might help."

She perked up at the mention of Dori.

"Oh yeah! I'm actually helping him plan it! It's going to be absolutely amazing. We're all gonna have a blast!" Her smile then faltered. "Um, yes? He is my cousin, and..." she glanced back and forth, looking for a sign of Cana, "he's actually a really good singer. I thought he might like it. What--what exactly happened between you two?"

She was starting to get a sinking feeling about this whole situation. Cana could be an absolute jerk if he wanted too, but she wanted to be absolutely sure about everything too. She'd have to get both sides of the story in this case, and she was starting to worry that Eric wasn't as nice as he seemed either. She pushed that feeling away though. He was perfectly nice to her, after all. And a lot of people didn't get along with Cana. Maybe she was being too suspicious for no reason...

'Rye, I think," she replied a bit absentmindedly. "Thank you for bringing it. I'm starving. Growing girl and all," she joked. "By the way," she said offhandedly. "My birthday is coming up, and I think I'm gonna go to Hogsmeade for it to meet my Dad. You wanna come with? I think you'd like him." She was being honest. Eric seemed like the perfect gentleman to her, and her dad would appreciate that. She also kind of loved the reaction people gave when meeting her dad, when they'd already met her mom. They were a total odd couple, and it made her laugh to see the looks on people's faces.

Eric Brandski
Fifth Year

Post by Eric Brandski » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:46 am

Eric didn't like the way Morrigan talked about her sister. She didn't say it in words, or hardly even in tone, but she had that look in her eyes. The one that said she was so used to being compared to Lyssa that she was immune to it. He didn't like that, but he couldn't think of a way to change it, so he moved on.

"Kristian, Cana, and I," Eric started, but didn't know how to continue. "We, uh, had a misunderstanding of sorts." Eric still wasn't sure what he had done, aside from his blown fuse. He wasn't sure ifv he had been completely forgiven, but it wasn't like he hasn't apologized. "We met in Diagon Alley, shopping. I don't think he likes me."

It would be a bit of a downer for Morrigan's party if Cana took to opportunity to kill him. But he wouldn't do that... right? Cana loved his cousin more than he hated Eric... right? "I'm sure your party will be fantastic."

Eric eyed her as he handed over the sandwich and a baggie of crisps. "You want me to meet your dad?" Part of him scoffed at the fact that he's already met more of her family than one usually did before hanging out with someone. "Uh, yeah. Sure." Eric grinned and squeezed her hand softly. "By the way, where does your da live? He's Muggle, yeah? Does he stay in the teacher's dorm with your mum?"