Candlelight Can Only Hide So Much {Lyssa}

This includes the forest, lake, quidditch pitch, and anything else within reasonable walking distance from the school.
Trinity Peters-Stenhouse 
Sixth Year

Re: Candlelight Can Only Hide So Much {Lyssa}

Post by Trinity Peters-Stenhouse  » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:21 pm

Trinity laid back a little to look at the sky. They were all kinds of pretty colors. Bright orange, blood red, deep blue... He liked holding Lyssa's hand as they spoke. It felt nice. Slowly, he ran his thumb along her knuckles, feeling the bumps and ridges of her hand. He wanted to memorize every inch of her before she forgot him completely.

"Ah've 'eard dat 'Ogsmead is nice," Trinity told her, "never been meself." Apparently, only of the few times anyone ever remembered he existed was on fiedltrip days. They were adamant: no sighed slip, no Hogsmead. He had gotten over it years ago, and had given up trying to get out. He wasn't sure if they'd let him leave even once he graduated or if they would force him to stay on as a grounds keeper.

"Ah loke potions 'n charms best Ah think," he told her softly. "Cana is 'eaching me sum Nor'gian magic. Jus' a 'ittle." Maybe they would let him substitute teach every once in a while while he was keeping grounds. If not, there was always the other option. The one he had been planning on before he met Lyssa. That would work, too.

Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:02 pm

It made an awful sort of sense that he wouldn't have gone. If he had the terrible parents Lyssa expected he did, then of course he wouldn't have a signed permission slip. Lyssa wondered if she could get ahold of a blank one. Surely, she could forge a signature--if not her, then Dahlia definitely could. And Cana could maybe soak the slip in one of his delusion potions, so that everyone believed it. It wouldn't take much effort at all really, especially if his family hadn't been back into contact with Hogwarts for years.

Lyssa couldn't imagine her family just not being present. Even at Gammla Uppsala, without her mom there everyday, she'd had all of her siblings and cousins. Admittedly, that made her the first one called on when one of them did something wrong. but it was a sacrifice she was willing to make for most of her family. Most. She was getting pretty tired of Bjørn and Kristian, after all. But now that she was here, and House walls separated her from her siblings, and miles and miles separated her from most of her cousins, she was sad. Depressed even. She hated this and hated for Trinity that he knew an even worse version of what she felt.

Plastering on a smile, she focused back on what he was saying. Oh dear. Hopefully, Cana really was just teaching him some Norwegian versions of spells. Yes, she stalwartly told herself, that had to be it. Clearly, Cana wouldn't be so stupid as to be doing dark magic at a wholly new school. Right?

"I'm glad you two have made friends," she settled upon saying. "Just--just don't let him pressure you into anything? He can be very...charismatic at times. And he doesn't always think things through. I love him, and I think he's a good guy, just--be careful for me, yeah?"

Lyssa quickly changed the subject.

"My favorites I think are transfiguration and charms! I really love how complex both of them can be. They seem so simple on the surface, but underneath that there's a lot going on," she grinned.

Trinity Peters-Stenhouse 
Sixth Year

Post by Trinity Peters-Stenhouse  » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Trinity wanted to tell Lyssa that he would do anything for her, even if he didn't exactly understand what she meant about being careful around Cana. Everything Trinity had been shown, he had been excited to see. He wasn't exactly dying to recreate any of the potions. None of them were particularly useful to him, but they had been fun to see. He couldn't imagine Cana trying to force him into anything, by charm or otherwise. Charm didn't really work on him. Well, normally, that was.

When Lyssa went into her talk on her love for the depth of spellwork, Trinity smiled some. "Loke yew," he said softly, "dey all dink yew's pretty'n 'at's it. But yew smart'n nice'n incred'ble." She was better than all of them, every single last person here. She didn't even know it. A queen among peasants. Trinity knew close to nine different languages, and he would never be able to find the words to express exactly what she was. He vowed then to himself that he would find a way to show her.

He wanted to do things for her. Get her gifts. Make her happy. He knew she would end up forgetting about him. He wasn't happy about it, but he had made his peace a long time ago. She would never remember who any of it was from, but he would be able to watch her smile, and that would be enough. It would have to be.

Turning onto his side, Trinity gazed up at Lyssa, "Wot makes yew happy?"

Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Lyssa blushed softly as Trinity complimented her. He seemed...genuine. Lyssa wasn't used to that. She was more used to boys flattering her for a purpose, but Trinity's words seemed so sincere. It was nice. It was also refreshing. She wasn't used to people who were interested in her for her, and not her money or her general looks. Trinity seemed really interested in all of her.

"Thank you," she murmured quietly. "And...I'm not entirely sure what makes me happy? No one besides my family has ever really seemed that concerned for it before, so I haven't really thought about it.... "

She thought of her ex, and how he would have never asked something like that. With a sinking feeling, Lyssa realized there were probably a few things she should let Trinity know before they went any further.

"Um, before we...well, take this further, there's something you should probably know," she began awkwardly. "It's not about you, at all. You've been so sweet and fantastic. And if you don't want to take things any further after I talk to you about this, I completely understand. I won't feel poorly towards you."

"My ex-boyfriend...he wasn't...great," she understated. "It's been awhile since we were together, but there's still a lot of baggage there. I'm not always going to be the most comfortable or happiest person to be around."

"It was messy," she continued. "Very messy, as far as things go. But...I can't prove it, but I think Cana did something? I'm not sure what, but things ended and he avoided me for a long time. It was...perfect really. But it wasn't a clean break, and a lot of stuff still sort of lingers around that," she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "I don't want you to think that you remind me of him. You don't. You've been nothing but perfectly sweet and a gentleman. I want to keep going with this, definitely. But if you want someone uncomplicated, I'm not the best person to go with."

Lyssa sighed and waited for Trinity's reaction. For his disapproval. For this to end. She certainly didn't want it to, but she couldn't truly imagine it going any other way.

Trinity Peters-Stenhouse 
Sixth Year

Post by Trinity Peters-Stenhouse  » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:21 am

Trinity was confused. He wasn't quite sure what Lyssa meant when she said there were things he needed to know. He thought it was sad, though, that she couldn't name anything that made her happy. Even he could list a few things. Lyssa's voice was oine of them, so he listened as she spoke.

And ask she spoke, his stomach started twisting. Sitting up, he pulled his knees to his chest. Trinity remembered Cana telling him about his cousin's boyfriend. He just never thought that the cousin was Lyssa. Mostly because he couldn't imagine anyone who Lyssa would choose to date treating het any less than a queen.

Halfway through her talk, Trinity had to let go of Lyssa's hand for fear of hurting her. He didn't usually take his anger out thrtough violence, but the things he had learned from Cana mixed with what Lyssa was saying now... The bloke was lucky Trinity couldn't leave Hogwarts.

It was the last part that made Trinity really look at Lyssa. He had been avoiding her eye contact, not wanting her to see how upset he was on her behalf. She could take care of herself, she didn't need his sympathy, but it hit him hard anyway. Now, he was really looking at her.

Shifting, so he was sitting on both knees before her, Trinity took both of Lyssa's hands in his. "Whatever you do," he said in Norwegian, "Whatever has happened, will never change the fact that I will be your frie nd as long as you'll have me." And longer. He wouild be her friend long after she forgot he existed.

He didn't care if she was complicated. If she wasn't happy, he would do his best to make her smile. And when the day eventually came where she would leave, he would do his best to support her in whatever she went on to do. No matter how much it hurt, he wou of always be there for her, wating in the shadows.

Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Lyssa cringed a bit as Trinity drew his hand away from her. Of course, he would; so many people did after what happened. Certainly she had some friends who stuck with her, but they didn't truly understand. They tried, bless them. And so many had fled the moment they saw light leaving her eyes. "Becoming like the rest of them," she'd heard whispered behind her back. She supposed she couldn't really blame Trinity. He was only human after all. This was too much for him, or so she thought.

As he switched to Norwegian, her eyes widened a bit. While the word 'friend' stung a bit, considering what Lyssa had been thinking, his words were still so...perfectly what she needed to hear. A watery eyed smile came to her face, and she gripped Trinity's hands in her own.

"Thank you. Thank you so much," she said in Norwegian. Not quite wanting to test his skills, she switched back to English. "My family was really great after what happened...well, mostly," she stopped short, thinking of Bjørn scolding her for being stupid enough to not leave right away. "But so many people who I thought were my friends just...left. And I know I wasn't the best person to be around then. But I really needed them. So it means a lot to hear. And I know you mean it," she said firmly. While the word friend wasn't exactly what she'd hoped to hear, she would definitely, happily take it.

Wiping at her eyes and sniffling a bit, she gave a short laugh. "Well, now that I've got all that awkwardness out of the way--and I am sorry I had to bring it up--what about you? What makes you happy?" she asked. Whatever it was, she was willing to help Trinity find it.

"Oh and by the way," she added absentmindedly. "My sister is apparently throwing a party with a friend of hers? I'm not sure of the details. Apparently, it's very hush-hush," she grinned shakily. "It's her first party after all, that she's thrown. But. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?"

Trinity Peters-Stenhouse 
Sixth Year

Post by Trinity Peters-Stenhouse  » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:27 pm

Trinity wanted to comfort Lyssa, but he didn't know how. He was angry at those who abandoned her when she needed them, but he remembered what Cana had said, about the whole family being willing to kill the bloke. He knew the people who really loved Lyssa had stood by her and those who didn't, well, they never deserved her in the first place. It didn't make watching her relive the pain any easier.

Trinity was about to go into a list of what made him happy, what he enjoyed. Reading, learning new kinds of magic, sketching, Lyssa. It was a short list, and he would probably leave the last one off. What was not on the list, was parties. In fact, parties were on his list of things that didn't make him happy. It wasn't that he really disliked people, but he hated being surrounded by them and watch them having fun when he stood there unseen.

But this was Lyssa asking him. So instead of brushing it off, he asked, "What kind of party?"

Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:40 am

Lyssa smiled and bounced a little, no longer watery eyed, and instead focusing on the future.

"Karaoke, I think. You don't have to sing," she assured him, "I'm going to, but you totally don't. I'm trying to pick out a song though. Maybe you could help? We could so meet up and listen to some music some time," she grinned.

Something about Trinity kept her from being on edge. She wasn't entirely sure what it was, but he had a comforting aura about him.

"It's just--this is Morrigan's first party," she explained. "I've thrown parties before, and so has my twin Dahlia. Poor Morrigan, she's...she's always had friends. Always. But she's never really been very popular, and now she's making friends really well. So I want to support her, however I can. I think you'll really like her. She's a Hufflepuff too! She's in the third year though. You two probably haven't met yet."

She wondered how her siblings and parents would react to Trinity. He seemed so nice that she couldn't imagine them not liking him, even given bias from the past.

"Cana's coming too, I think," she added. "Don't tell this to anyone, but he actually sings pretty well. He'll probably do something funny for the karaoke though."

Trinity Peters-Stenhouse 
Sixth Year

Post by Trinity Peters-Stenhouse  » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:19 pm

Trinity had no clue what karaoke was, but apparently it had something to do with singing. He wasn't good at singing. At least, he didn't think so. He remembered singing with his parents, years ago, but they must have been doing it wrong. He couldn't think of anyone who would be able to turn something like that into a theme for a party.

He was glad that Lyssa didn't have her heart set on him singing. He would do so, if she asked. He just hoped she wouldn't. This party was really important, and he didn't want to ruin it for anyone. Knowing Cana would be there made it a little better, but he hadn't known the bloke could sing.

Bitting the inside of his cheek, Trinity said, "Ah don really spend time in'da dorms." There wasn't really a point to it, he found. After his second year, it was easier just to go to diffrent parts of the castle if he wanted to read or do work. "Ah'd loke ta meet 'er, though."

And he would. She wouldn't remember, but he would, and he could play it back ever now at then. Knowing Lyssa. Meeting her family. It would be nice.

Looking up at the sky, Trinity watched as the sun finally sank into the earth and the flickering candles became the only light. In the dark, Trinity took Lyssa's hand again. He liked touching her, it made him feel nice inside.

Lyssa Delaney
Seventh Year

Post by Lyssa Delaney » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:10 am

Lyssa shrugged.

"That's fair. I think in grand total, I've only really spoken to one of my dormmates. I was hoping they'd be a bit more friendly, but I guess it is weird for someone to just drop in in the last year. Still, I understand why you avoid them," she said.

"I think you and Morrigan would get along. I think my siblings in general would like you. And youve already met Cana. He's a pretty good judge of character, usually--" ignoring his own boyfriend, "so that's a good thing."

Lyssa looked down and smiled softly as Trinity took her hand again. This was so nice. So unlike any sort of relationship--or friendship--she'd had before. She suddenly had an urge.

Leaning in towards Trinity, she gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Blushing heavily, she quickly retreated back, still keeping the grip on his hand. She was unsure whether she should smile at him or flee from him at this point. She waited to find out.