Clear Skies, Clear Mind, Clear Skin (OPEN)

This includes the forest, lake, quidditch pitch, and anything else within reasonable walking distance from the school.
Ranya Khatri
Fourth Year

Clear Skies, Clear Mind, Clear Skin (OPEN)

Post by Ranya Khatri » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Ronnie was not a girl known for liking quiet time. She was almost perpetually surrounded by friends, acquaintances, even strangers with whom she was engaged in conversation. Most of her waking hours were social ones when she could help it; she asked her dorm mates for hair opinions when she got ready in the mornings, she did homework with study buddies, she went to the restrooms with gossipy groups to chatter about who said what to whom. If no one was around, neither was she - she sought company when it didn't seek her. She had a lot to say, and she couldn't very well say it to herself.

But once or twice a week, when the weather and her schedule allowed, Ronnie was up with the sun. Since her very first year at Hogwarts she would creep out of the dorms early in the morning, out of the castle and down to her favorite spot by the lake for yoga and meditation. She felt it kept her at her best, centering her mind and allowing her to attack her goals with everything she had. She came away from it focused, energized, and - she thought - looking fresher and cuter. Good energy was good for your body and all that.

She was just about finishing up this morning. Coming out of the last of a series of stretches, she breathed deep, and then crossed her legs and sat. Eyes closed and mind focused inward, the world around her had temporarily faded away.

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Re: Clear Skies, Clear Mind, Clear Skin (OPEN)

Post by Rowan Fox » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:07 pm

Rowan always thought best when she was moving. It was something about how her brain worked--she couldn't think at sit still. Homework was done in as rocking chair, tests were takes with her leg bouncing, her study note were all consolidated into something she could take on a walk. In many ways, she had found now to make it work. She had never been behind in class, and even (upon occasion) enjoined learning in her own time.

She wasn't g oing to make a career out of it, though, and that was the problem. Uncle Everly had given her an ultimatum. By graduation, she needed a full-time job or she had to continue her education. Rowan didn't want or need any education higher than Hogwarts, but she had no idea what kind of job she would be fit for.

Which was what had gotten her up at six in the morning, after a restless night. After a ten mile run, Rowan was still as lost as she was at the starting mile. With a heavy sigh, she jogged down to the lake to rest and cool off. That was when she notice the other figure.

"Mornin'," the Gryffindor greeted. Her Irish lilt had softened and mixed a little with the other accents of Hogwarts, but it was always the strongest right after the summer. "Yew alright, then?"

Ranya Khatri
Fourth Year

Post by Ranya Khatri » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Concentration shattered, Ronnie let out an instinctive yelp at the sudden presence of another person. A half second later, her brain caught up and gently informed her the sound that had come out of her in response to a greeting had been an embarrassing one. She overcompensated for this with outrage. "My goodness! What do you want?! Who are you?! What kind of person goes around sneaking up on people at this hour?!"

Rotating partially to face toward the girl she huffed and deflated a little bit, but her jaw remained stubbornly set. "I'm fine, if you must know. Just getting in some quiet time before I start my day. Usually there's no one else about."

Rowan Fox
Seventh Year

Post by Rowan Fox » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Rowan held up her hands in surrender and took a step back as the girl verbally lashed out at her. "Sumone's not a mornin' person," she muttered, fighting a grin. She knew it wasn't supposed to be funny, that she shouldn't want to laugh, but Rowan couldn't help herself. "First, Ah didn't sneak up, Ah announced myself. Second, Ah'm Rowan and I came from over there." She gestured to the school behind her, that one should have been obvious enough. "And third... I don't remember what else you said, but Ah'm going to sit here."

With that, the redhead plopped down and started stretching out her legs. She kept watching the girl from the corner of her eye, though. Yoga had some good stretches, but Rowan could never calm her mind down enough to do it properly. The whole "imagine light coming from every pore of your body" and other mental exercises left her more stressed than when she'd begone. She admired those who could do it, though.

It didn't appear as though the girl was going to hex her, which was good. So Rowan went back to her own stretches. Today wasn't a day for being hexed. Not that any other days really were, but she enjoyed a good duel when she could get her hands on one.