Tiny Rescue [OPEN]

This includes the forest, lake, quidditch pitch, and anything else within reasonable walking distance from the school.
Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Re: Tiny Rescue [OPEN]

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Morrigan nodded slowly at what the blonde girl was saying. It made perfect sense. This cemented the idea in Morrigan's mind that the girl was weird for attention. Yes, that definitely had to be it.

"That's not a bad idea. And I have some cloth makeup bags in the dorms. If we can get the rice, I can empty the makeup bags and we can use those!"

She looked over at Dori and nodded.

"We can probably find a box pretty easily. I might still have the one some of my friends back home sent me some stuff in. I'll have to dump it too, but I'm definitely willing to do that. And towels should be easy enough to get in any of the bathrooms. I can run into a girls' one on the way to the kitchens and grab them. I'm not sure about dish soap though...we use it at home, but do they use dish soap here at Hogwarts?" She'd never really thought to ask a question like that honestly. A lot of her own home was based in Muggle tradition because of her dad being a Muggle, but she knew that wasn't the case at all for Hogwarts. For all she knew, they used some kind of cleaning potion that might hurt the kittens. She'd definitely have to ask Mom about it first. Maybe there was a simple flea killing potion too? One that she could persuade Cana to make? Without having to meet the kittens, of course. She knew Cana wouldn't hurt them on purpose, but like...cats really did hate him on instinct.

"Maybe there's a flea potion that would be safe for them? We'd have to ask around, of course. But our first priority should be getting them warm and fed definitely. Fleas are bad, but they're not deadly. Just really annoying. But we'll definitely find a way to handle it," she said with determination.

Elwyn Wann
Third Year

Post by Elwyn Wann » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:49 am

Elwyn stood and brushed and twigs her knees off, her blonde hair falling in her eyes. She was of average height for a girl her age, she was once told it was the most average thing about her, but dressed in Morrigan's sweater and with dirt on her... everything, she looked rather young and child-like.

"What if they're magic fleas?" Elwayn asked, suddenly concerned at the idea. "Does 'dish soap' work on magic fleas? Can regular kittens catch magic fleas? ... Are there magic fleas?" These were the questions that any good animal care-taker would know, she though. But she wasn't really an animal care taker. Or good. At anything.

If she was going to be a good aunt to the little things, she would have to fix up her knowledge. She was decidedly against being the drunk aunt that always forgot who you belonged to. She would be the fun aunt that the kittens could come to in their time of need. Would the school's library had books on kittens? Or mothering? Or aunting? She should probably find a book on aunting.

Prof. Arthur V. Kalamack
Headmaster

Post by Prof. Arthur V. Kalamack » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:11 am

Professor Arthur Kalamack was just exiting the castle with an unleashed jack russell terrier trotting along by his side. Though, upon further examination, one could possibly see that the small dog had a forked tail, which would indicate that this was far from an ordinary dog. The dog appeared well trained as it didn't wander away from the headmaster.

Arthur was taking his crup for a walk around the grounds, or at least part of the grounds. On his way down the front staircase, he spot three students in varying levels of undress. One definitely shirtless. One definitely shoeless. And one, well, just not dressed for the weather. He strolled casually up to the three students, crup at his side, "Hello Mr. Krueger, Miss Delaney, Miss Wann. What have you been up to in you various states of undress this fine day? Not getting into trouble I hope?" He studied the wriggling bundle in Dorian's arms, "And what have you here?"

Dorian Krueger
Third Year

Post by Dorian Krueger » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 pm

Dori frowned at the idea of dish soap and flea potions and whatever else. "Someone in this school's gottae know. There's lots of stuff fer fleas or worms or whatever tha' you can use on cats that ye cannae use on babes this small, I wouldnae trust a potion unless someone can tell us its safe fer sure. Anyway they might not even have fleas, I've no gotten te look carefully enough. First thengs first." He didn't even want to consider if there were magic fleas. Or other magic parasites. If they existed they were likely to exist in that forest.

They had just about reached the stairs when a man and his almost-dog appeared on them, and as Dori registered who it was he faltered briefly - he'd gotten so focused on The Plan, and here was a brand new solution presenting itself unbidden. It took a beat for his brain to recalculate while the headmaster spoke. "Professor! Um... kittens!" Without unwrapping them entirely Dori moved up next to Professor Kalamack and spread the fabric enough to show some tiny squeaking faces. "Found 'em by the forest's edge in a bush, I think mam's been gone too long te be coming back. I... I dunno how te dae this without muggle stuff, sir." Dori looked up at man with all the unspoken questions abot formula and fleas in his eyes.

Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:46 pm

Morrigan faltered at the idea of magic fleas. She'd never heard of them, but that didn't mean they didn't exist at all. And they were very much likely immune to dish soap. If they even had dish soap. Gods, this was difficult!

She stopped short when they reached the stairs. Of all the people she expected to see today, the headmaster wasn't one of them! Morrigan fidgeted with her hands and rubbed her arms against the cold. She was never quite comfortable around authority figures at this level, though she rarely did anything particularly bad. Though she supposed that planning a secret karaoke party wasn't particularly good. Normal for a teenager though, she supposed. It certainly couldn't be the worst thing that had happened under Professor Kalamack's tenure. Still the very thought of it was making her feel guilty.

She pushed forward for the sake of the kittens.

"We were going to go see my mother. But you probably know more about this sort of thing, sir," she mumbled.

Elwyn Wann
Third Year

Post by Elwyn Wann » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:30 am

Elwyn stumbled to a stop with the others as the headmaster and his pup approached. She'd never had very many run-ins with him, so she knew she had to make her best impression. Something that would instill his confidence in them.

"We were playing strip-poker when we found them," she explained, "but cards lead to gambling so we were using leaves and things. Zombie-boy lost--but we all won kittens!" She grinned. Perfect. Everyone liked poker and kittens. She was great at this. Maybe she should bow. Yeah. She bowed.

When Elwyn came back up, she clapped her hands together in finish. "The end."

Prof. Arthur V. Kalamack
Headmaster

Post by Prof. Arthur V. Kalamack » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:57 am

Arthur listened to each student and nodded at Dorian and Morrigan and blinked a couple of times at Elwyn. His crup started barking and jumping at Dorina when the boy showed Arthur the kittens. Arthur said sternly to the crup, "Bigby! Be still!" The crup stopped and went to sit next to the Headmaster.

Professor Kalamack took a deep breathe and said, "I'm not sure what to address first, your trespassing or your irresponsible party games." He shook his head and said, "I think the trespassing. The Forbidden Forest is forbidden for several reasons. One being that there are sentient beings living there that view humans in their home as trespassers." He paused for a moment, some don't take kindly to us humans trespassing in their home." He shook his head a little, "Not to mention the malevolent beings in the forest that just don't like to be bothered." He looked at each student in turn. "This is one of the major reasons you should not go into the Forbidden Forest alone or without permission."

He looked at the studentes up and down, "Before we continue with your other issues, let's get into the castle before you all catch a cold." He ushered the students toward the school, "Once inside, we'll also tend to the kittens. I have some ideas." He didn't believe Elwyn's story abous strip poker and was deciding if he should just ignore it.

Dorian Krueger
Third Year

Post by Dorian Krueger » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Dori cringed a bit at the start of the professor's lecture, but solemnly nodded along. "Te be fair professor, I think Morrigan only came intae the forest because she heard me fussin' o'er the we'ens, and I'm sure it's the same for this one," he gestured at the other girl, realizing he probably should know her name by now. They had classes together. It was a name with some doubleyou sounds. He's figure it out later. He dropped his voice for just the professor to hear. "Though she may tell ye otherwise. She thinks am a zombie sir, ah dunno where her heid is at." He frowned, returning to his normal volume. "Anyway it was only just a couple meters in an I was makin a fuss." He considered arguing on his own behalf too, that he hadn't been planning on going into the forest before he'd heard the mews, but he knew the professor knew he'd been caught nosing around the forest before, and he also knew that technically, logically, he should have found help from some authority to go in after the kittens with him. He didn't regret acting on his own - who knows if something hungry would've heard the tiny cries before he could have found and returned with help - but he knew what the rules were and he knew putting himself in harms way for feral cats wasn't something the headmaster of a school could reasonable allow. Let slide, if they were lucky, but not outright condone. Thankfully the man didn't seem overeager to hand out punishments just now.

He followed along after the professor as they headed into the castle. "They're very cold and wet, sir. We were thinking te use a heat charm on these clothes they're in but I'd rather switch te something drier first."

Morrigan Delaney
Third Year

Post by Morrigan Delaney » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Morrigan could feel herself folding into her own body. She hated getting in trouble, and even though the Headmaster didn't seem incredibly angry, she didn't care for the feeling of being scolded. It was strange and new, and she found she hated it. Back home, she hardly ever got into trouble--not because she wasn't troublesome, but rather because her cousins caused so much more trouble than her that her shenanigans often went under the radar. It was much harder to get mad at someone for performing an illegal, all-twelve-year-old, all female production of Hamilton in the dorms than it was to get mad at someone for poisoning someone's drink with Muggle eyedrops or attempting to cast a crushing curse at them.

Morrigan wrapped her arms around her both out of coldness and out of pouty spite. She didn't want to seem uncaring towards the Headmaster's authority, but she also didn't particularly want to look chastised. It was a hard balance to find, and Morrigan ended up looking more like the thirteen year old girl she was, instead of the much older girl people often saw her as. But it wouldn't do to get her mom's boss upset at her.

"I understand, sir. It won't happen again."

By which she meant, "I won't get caught again."

But she wasn't about to say that.

She did, however, listen carefully as Dori whispered about the state of the blonde girl near them, and she nodded along. She had begun to get truly concerned for her. Not that she particularly agreed with or liked the wizarding mental health system--but this girl needed something. Unless, it was as Morrigan suspected, and she was pretending for attention. Either way, something needed to happen.

She followed along as the headmaster lead them into the castle.

"Dori was also worried about fleas, sir," she added. "And what we could do for food."