Father of the Wolf [open]

This includes the forest, lake, quidditch pitch, and anything else within reasonable walking distance from the school.
Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Re: Father of the Wolf [open]

Post by Cana Havich » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:31 pm

Cana cringed internally that he'd said too much and felt a blush creep up on his face. Avoiding the professor's eyes, he instead focused on his shoes.

"Oh just...let my curiosity get the better of me. With something I shouldn't have. Something dark. I learned my lesson though," he quickly added. "Someone got hurt," he added, mumbling. "I guess, you just need to know it won't happen again."

He couldn't believe he'd let himself get this close to spilling what happened. He knew though, that if Professor Navarro kept probing, he'd probably tell him everything. It had been bottled up in him for so long, and he didn't feel like he could talk to anyone about it. He felt like a shaken soda bottle, creaking at the edges about to explode.

"My sisters are in Norway--well, Sweden right now actually. At the Gammla Uppsala school. But I'd find a way too. Luckily they have our other brother back home," he sighed, clearly missing his siblings. "And some of my cousins. Though a lot of them are here too."

He continued looking down as the professor voiced his concern.

"I'm fine," he lied, his voice cracking a bit. "Just...yeah."

Cana could feel his resolve slipping.

Prof. Sebastian Navarro
Professor

Post by Prof. Sebastian Navarro » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:00 am

Sebastians nodded slowly. He remembered Professor Delaney talking about why Cana was here, but he couldn't remember exactly what she said. It hadn't felt like gossip to him, but he still felt he would rather hear it from the boy himself. Yet, it seemed like Cana didn't want to go into specifics. Sebastian had heard what Jetta had said, but he wasn't actively listening. He would have to try to remember what he had heard. He didn't really want to force Cana to say more. It seemed to bother him, just mentioning it.

The professor smiled gently, "I believe you when you say you've learned your lesson." He paused a moment, thinking. He still couldn't remember what he had been told, but with some time he was sure it would come back to him. Yet, it bothered him. Having all the information was always important to him, even though he ignored it sometimes in his youth. He asked gently, "I'm sure you wouldn't let it happen again, but you can't say that about others, can you?"

Sebastian frowned as he studied Cana, "You don't look fine. Maybe we should sit here for a little while longer. Or go to the hospital wing?" He gestured to the tree as he mutter to himself, "You wouldn't be as easy to carry was Neville was." He said directly to Cana, "I don't want you to pass out or fall over and get hurt. Have a seat."

Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Post by Cana Havich » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Cana could feel his shoulders bunching up as Professor Navarro spoke to him. He was trying to be kind but there was a searching tone to his voice. Cana just nodded. He could feel a vague uncertain tingling in his fingers and he desperately hopped he didn't pass out.

"I would advise them against it. At least when people you care about are involved. Or at all," he corrected himself, thinking the first part might seem callous or selfish. "But seriously, there are no worries about me trying that ever again."

He could still remember Gabe's face as consciousness slipped from it. He didn't think he'd survived seeing something like that again.

Cana felt himself blushing again as the professor continued on. Oh well, he supposed telling someone--especially a professor--this part could only be helpful. Even if it was embarrassing and painful to talk about.

"Um...really," he mumbled. "I--ever since...what happened, I'm...there's really no potion equivalent so like...I'm on a Muggle medication," he finally stammered out. "It's for...a lot of things that are wrong really. And I--I probably should have been on it for awhile," he confessed. "It's helping. It really is, I can tell. But it has side effects. Dizziness is one of them. Um, there are some others. Makes it hard to focus sometimes, like I'm not in my body anymore," he sighed.

"But it's definitely helping," he reassured. "Just...yeah, it's helping a lot. But yeah...dizziness," he sighed, and went to sit back down. Professor Navarro was right. He wasn't fun to move places even with magic. And it would be hard to explain to people why he passed out without everyone in the whole castle finding out about his need for Muggle medical help.

Prof. Sebastian Navarro
Professor

Post by Prof. Sebastian Navarro » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:15 pm

Sebastian noticed that his indirect questioning was bothering the young man, so he stopped. He's remember what he was told eventually. He knew there were things he himself had done that he didn’t want to talk about, especially since some of it would hurt people close to him.

“Muggle medication?” Sebastian blinked, “I can’t imagine that there was anything Muggle made that could help better than a powerful charm or a well made potion.” He look slightly uncomfortable with the idea of Muggle medications as he explained, “I was raised in a secluded Wizard community and my…interaction with anything Muggle related has be very limited…even after I left home.” He shrugged a little, "It's still hard to imagine some things, even when I see them with my own eyes."

Sebastian nodded as he sat down next to Cana, “I suppose if it really is helping better than a potion, that’s a good thing, but side effects don’t sound helpful at all.” He looked up into the sky, and asked almost idly, “Do think the headmaster keeps his hippogriffs on the castle grounds all the time? I’d been meaning to ask, but keep getting distracted with exploring.”

He was just making conversation to give Cana time to recover without rushing the young man. And he really didn’t want to go back to the topic of religion or the topic of secrets that seemed to bother the boy.

Cana Havich
Sixth Year

Post by Cana Havich » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Cana actually smiled a bit at Professor Navarro's disbelief.

"My family," he said with a smile tinged with pride, "has made it their mission in life to combine the magical and Muggle until they are indiscernible. To make potions into pills, to weave secret spells into products that will still work after the magic has worn off, to create magic in the mundane....Sorry--that's my grandfather talking really, but it's fascinating to do. My grandfather and father have thrown their life's work into it and my aunts--well just Aunt Thorunn now that Aunt Jetta is a professor--manage it all. It's been..." he hesitated a bit, "very successful."

He'd found that few people at Hogwarts truly comprehended how much money his family made off of their business, and bragging to a professor seemed like bad form.

"But um, they are trying to work on things that work better. With fewer side effects," he explained. "It's just difficult with...medicine for the mind. There is so little we know about it after all. But Dad is working very hard on it, and I expect I will be too once I get out of school. That and many other things."

He glanced up at the Professor's change of topic and smiled a bit.

"I'm not sure. But they are exciting. I'd never actually seen one in person until we came to Hogwarts. It's rather too cold for them up north. We have Eikthyrnir at Gammla Uppsala, which are very impressive and rather bigger than Hippogriffs, but without the wings. And their antlers have a tendency to cause much more damage than Hippogriff claws. I think I like the Hippogriffs better," he nodded.

"Could do without the Thestrals though, if I'm honest," he continued. "Those were unpleasant, and they made me look like a real loon in front of my cousins."